Doubt regarding distortion pedals...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sam#3, Dec 23, 2008.

1. sam#3

sam#3 The Lucifer

Guys i've a query...
    I've been playing fr sum 3-4yrs... Hv got a digitechRP80, a stranger 20w amp, n a chinese made 3single coil pikups guitar... Nw i feel like upgrading coz I play mostly death metal or hard rock (system, disturbed, marilyn manson, children of bodom n so), so thought of getting a dist. pedal, a metallizer/ amt fatal tube dist/ boss mt2. Or shall i get a second hand zoom g2.1u... But will dat b a real upgradation? Coz i've tried one of my friend's... Just a marginal difference, so will it b worth spending on such minor thing... but u do need an eq, noise reduction, delay sumtyms too... can i get it wid my processor by sumhw connecting it wid pedal... i saved arnd 6k, so i cant get pedals fr those things seperately... In dat case, shall i go fr sum second hand g2.1u( thou m nt really moved by the idea of getting it)... N as far s upgrading my guitar is concerned, dat cant b done bfr may coz dat will b when i'll go home n manage sum kind of bonus gift frm my grandparents(if i pass my exams)...

The thing i xactly wanna know is, can i add more effects to the distortion which i get frm the pedal, by connecting it with the digitech processor, i mean use the output frm the pedal as input fr the processor or vice versa... Is it practically possible?? Hw god will be the results?
    In case dats possible, i plan of investing in boss mt2 as suggested to me by alpha1...
    Pls give your valuable suggestions guys...

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

boss mt wouldnt work without a real amp. However you can buy a metallzer and use the Rp for effects like you said...

3. distorted

distorted satan

I suggest a boss, but m nt too sure if u can actually connect it wid the processor...

4. sam#3

sam#3 The Lucifer

Thanx ambush, u mean to say i can connect the pedal n processor, n get the distortion n certain other effects frm the processor simultaneously, say delay n certain eq settings wid the distortion i get frm pedal? How wil be the results?

N i use stranger20w amp fr practice, thou mostly i use headphones which give a much clearer sound... N fr jamming we've got a bigger amp, stranger60 i guess... Will u still suggest metallizer above boss mt2...

5. sam#3

sam#3 The Lucifer

???!!!!???

6. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

The metalizer is not a standard disrotion pedal. Its basically a guitar pre-amp/amp-modeller . Which means that it can be run direcly to a flat voiced amp like the stanger or mixer.

You cant use a Boss the same way. You would have to run it though a real guitar am like a laney or roland.

The setup you are suggesting would definitely work, Infact thats what i do, i.e. amt metallizer through a Boss GT6 to a Stranger an i get good tones with it. But i am not sure about the the tonal consequence of running it though an RP50. I am inclined to think that the Rp would make the pedal a bit muddy.

I suggest that you try out the combination before you go for it.

7. sam#3

sam#3 The Lucifer

^thnx.
    Dats what i fear... The quality of tone myt be hampered by the rp80, so in that case i'll avoid using it or use it only at times wen i gravely need certain other effects, cos wat i play most of the times is pure distortion... N one problem is dat i cant actually try it before getting it, coz i will hv to order it at bajaao, coz i live at a stinky place sumwhr in tamilnadu, n here i dont evn get to see decent electric guitar at musical shops. Ny more suggestions guys?? So shall i finally go fr a metallizer??

8. distorted

distorted satan

Hmmmm..... I suppose, yeah...

9. distorted

distorted satan

Hmmmm..... I suppose, yeah...