Doubt about using pedals

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by guitarfreak_106, Oct 9, 2006.

1. guitarfreak_106

guitarfreak_106 New Member

Is it possible to use a distortion pedal (say bad monkey) in conjunction with my zoom 707 II?

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

you can but all you'll get is a LOT of static....digital pedals dont go well with analog. If you wanna use it then turn the drive totally off and always put the bad monkey before the zoom.

3. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Absolutely. Ask sayanakaharry for more details.

4. guitarfreak_106

guitarfreak_106 New Member

How are the two connected? Is the pedal output connected to the zoom input?
    @sridhar:By 'drive' do you mean the drive module in the processor. I would like to use the combination in a scenario where I want good overdrive sound from the pedal then switch to some clean tones from the processor.

5. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

you can use a pedal in conjunction with the processor for the thing u want. put the pedal before the processor in sequence, i.e. guitar -> pedal, pedal -> processor.
    also dont use the drive module on the processor when the pedal is turned on.
    dont forget, this mite require two or more stomps in total when changing patch, so is impractical during stage performances unless you practise it a lot. this problem disappears if your processor has an external effects send/return loop.

6. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I used to use my pedals in front of the zoom just to add effects which it did very well. You cant really use the overdrive pedal and immmediately switch to the clean from the processor....it wont sound too good, you'll have to switch the pedal off and change the patch to a clean sound and then change it back and turn on the overdrive if you want to go back to driven sound.
    Just connect your guitar to the bad monkey in and sent the out to the zoom input and that out to the amp....

7. nihalparkar

nihalparkar New Member

Guitar ---> Pedal ---> Zoom 707II ---> Amp

Try compressing the input of the Zoom 707II and a FD driven patch to get an even sound. Alternatively, use a patch on the 707II with 'drive' (that is PY, MS, BG, etc) set to 'Off'.