does anyone use a mac out here for recording

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by dimebag_dimebag, Oct 8, 2004.

1. i have a 17 inch powerbook g4...
    and i have the dp4 software ...i have absolutely no idea to use that software..its too complicated....anyone in here used it ??
    if so help me out..
    peace

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Use a software called Protools.. Check out www.degidesign.com There isa free version..

3. jayanth ..i think pro tools is for windows..ie it s a pc program...i doubt that it will run on a mac..
    actually the dp4 software is the best software today for recording..i got the software just have to save enough money now for the hardware now..besides the i think i ll take tutorials from one of the studio guys ..the mac engineeer was supposed to come long time back but hes gone to his hometown..so was getting a bit impatient..
    hey jayanth do u use pro tools??i think i saw one of ur posts somewhere where u said u had an i mac..

4. jayanth

Yhea Brothers'..Its really easy.. I have the Protools for Mac.. But i guess Linux is the best for me.. Just trying to find a good software for Linux so that i can completely not rely on Windozew and mAc..

5. havnt used a linux...but if uve got a mac dude i think its better if u stick to it..
    can i ask u where u got the pro tools for mac software..

6. jayanth

THe mac belongs to my Bro's company.. So i cant use it.. i prefer Linux.. Its usability is better than Win.. I will look into getting a G5 by Dec end..

7. g5 will be ultra cool and EXPENSIVE.....

8. jayanth

actually i'm looking for a G4 second.. But so far no luck.. By the time i try and find one, if i haveenough funds G5 it will be..

9. dude if u need the contact no of the apple resellers in mumbai tell me...r there any apple resellers in bangalore?

10. jayanth

There is a showroom in THE FORUM.. i've checked the g5 out.. ITS just super..

11. g5 ....man just think of the stuff u can do with it.....im still learnin to use my powerbook g4 properly...wish i could use dp4

12. jayanth

The G4 at my friends place isreally cool and simple to use.. Except for the fact that he wont let me touch it.. I am recording all the TNJ songs at his place..

13. tnj???
    ive actually got a software called audacity where im recordin all my stuff presently..
    yeah g4 is not really very hard to use..what software r u usin to record ur stuff at ur friends place?

14. jayanth

Pro Tools and AMplitube for some processing..

15. i just got off the phone from one of the engineers...pro tools software and the hardware will cost me 2 and 1/2 lakhs..it will have to wait

16. jayanth

LOL.. Not when you have arelative working in Degidesign .:p

17. now im really gettin pissed off..........
    is any of ur relative in NASA??i wouldnt be surprised if u had one there too!

18. jayanth

No pal.. I have some replatives.. One of Whose Daughter's Boyfriend/Fiance(I Guess) is in Digidesign.. I got a fifth hand actually..

19. fifth hand or fourth hand bro....ur lucky to have those ppl help u out..im desperately tryin to save 2 and 1/2 lakhs now ..hahhah

20. jayanth

U said your mom is in Air India??