does anyone here play a 12 string guitar

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by mr singh, Dec 20, 2006.

1. mr singh

mr singh New Member

hey,

i noticed that there doesnt seem to be much out there for people who want to learn how to play a twelve string guitar (e.g. me;), although i dont yet possess one). and could they also detail how long they have been playing guitar in general and 12 string

i was just wondering how many people here can play a 12 string guitar, and if they do, could they post some recordings up, because i am starting to appreciate 12 string a lot more and would eventually given time, like to learn 12 string:).

Oh and by the way, there are some cool videos on youtube of some twelve string guitarists e.g.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2CyNOeumA0

that guy seems pretty good at 12 string and 6 string

2. shak

shak Harrr!

i dont have one, but been to music shops and had a go at few display ones .. 12 strings arent much different from 6 strings ..as far as 'playing' is concerned .. i only found it tad bit difficult to make bends thats all ..

3. rohit

rohit New Member

that harsh kumar was going to buy an 12-string.
    but he does not come on igt now.
    i also would like to know what are the differences from a 6 string.

4. zing

zing Machine Head

^ there r duplicates of each string - usually tuned as EE BB GG' DD AA' EE' [where ' is the octave] - th double strings generates more harmonics so its suited for harmony [strumming] rather than melody [lead] - led zep's jimmy page is prolly the most famous 12 string guitar player

5. mr singh

mr singh New Member

maybe i am being a bit premature....
    but i am presuming due to the lack of response, that not many people possess a 12 string guitar. :(

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

^ Most people here being amateur guitar players would not. 12-strings are most suited for recording studios (for the lush texture they provide).

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Harsh Kumar must be having a 12 string guitar by now.

8. rohit

rohit New Member

i think he was just making a thread.
    he was not going to buy a 12-string.
    if he would have bought it he would have definitely made a thread about his new 12-string.
    btw i saw a givson 12 string in pune shop.will try it out next time i go there.