Do you play harmonica? Can you help me with this harmonica?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by susanthom, Nov 1, 2011.

1. susanthom

susanthom New Member

My roommates and I want to learn to play harmonica(for a performance in two months), but none of us has experience for it. So we decide to buy form the internet. After searching in the internet, we found that the prices are average 10$. Since we don’t need perfect and expensive ones, we can accept the price. However, we also found some harmonicas that are cheap in Cheap Harmonicas, Harmonicas for Sale - Tmart(Page-2). We want to know that whether you guys ever buy goods form Tmart, and how is the quailty. Thanks!

PS:

I noticed that
    Swan 24 Holes Wheel-shaped Harmonica + Box - Tmart.com this one is cool and it is 24 holes that we need. But it is expensive, what do you guys think of it?

2. Hurricane Ramon

Hurricane Ramon New Member

Hello Susan :

Depends on the use intended for it . On some songs some models will be super and other it won't fit the feel of the song :)

That Swan harmonica is good for love songs and ballads , not to great for Rock-N-Roll though .

It's just like anything , a cheap product can not be expected to perform like a quality instrument . It's a garbage in garbage out kind of thing . There's no taking a short cut here and expect quality results .

That Swan has several keys and makes it versatile an good choice over all . But remember the type music you want to play an d find the appropriate harmonica .

There are many good companies now making harmonicas , I would suggest you find a harmonica players forum and learn from there .

Sincerely : Hurricane Ramon

3. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

i respect them who play wind instruments..even i have a harmonica...but that has only 7 holes....it had cost me 20rs hehe...but i really love to play that...but nowadays i play my pitch pipe in order to tune my guitar ;)...can anyone tell me about harmonica teaching classes in bangalore...even i wanna learn that sweet instrument

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha, clever!

5. susanthom

susanthom New Member

Thank you, Harricane. You advice helps me a lot. Through I have got a harmonica, your advice is useful and maybe the next time I need other instrument I'll remember your advice.