Do you like Boy Bands

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by mrfreeze, Jul 14, 2005.

1. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

boyzone , backstreet boys are boy bands....

2. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Hey,.. i thnk boybands suck totally,.. i mean the one mentioned by Dlogic,...
    But hw do u excatly define boy bands man? Metallica started off when they were 16-17 year old teens,... so at that time,.. even they were a boy band,.. I do like their "Kill em All" and "Ride The Lightening" albums,.. wch came in the begininng,.. So werent they a "boy band" at that time???????

3. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

I L0ve boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. I love boy bands.. ..............!!

Is there any other way how I can explain this???....??

:eek::..No offences plzz..!!

4. jhinga_lala

jhinga_lala New Member

everyone was a boy once (including Robert Plant) .... and if he by mistake was in a band ... he would be termed as a member of a boyband who are "sissy" & "gay" & ...whatever ...

bottomline ... if you like something ...... stick to your choice .... don't go by what some fools call happening and what some call "sissy" ... music can never be sissy ... although lyrics of some "boybands" are "sissy" sometimes (Eg. -- you are my fire, my one desire, am I your fire your one desire?)

5. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

I think this thread should be converted to a POLL!!!

@ssslayer....music is feminine.....not matter how much metal or death metal a band sings it will still remain feminine.....i guess thats why you felt rock band look sissy...?

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

c'mon ... howcan u define music to be feminine ... music is an abstract concept ...
    the real instances can be feminine ... like some phuckers looking like gals ...
    that doesn't make their music sissy ...

7. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

not all bands...i listen to dis band call Savage Garden....juss da 1st album...da second one ws kinda borin....

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

er...I don't think you understand the concept of boy bands....it is not a bunch of boys in a band.

https://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=boy band

It is a band formulated purely for commercial purposes with originality often being the most trifle requirement.

Someone like Robert Plant could not be in a boy band even if he tried.

9. jhinga_lala

jhinga_lala New Member

wow!!! boy band is a concept!!! ....... @bjr .... i don't give a damn what dictionary defines a boy band to be .....i just said that because some ppl though that mettalica and def leppard were boy bands............ but I guess Robert Plant did not sing for charity ....... LOL

10. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

@ssslayer check this out

https://trumpet.sdsu.edu/M345/20th_Cen_Mus2.html

11. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

@cypher savage garden has a female voice...he looks sissy i mean daren hayes

12. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

he used to look sissy in his first album ... in second album he changed his appearance ... but also made his music Schittier ...

lets get off this sissy talk ... pls ... we cant forget the fact that men have 1/2 Y chromosomes and 1/2 X chromosomes ...

13. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

so????????????

14. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

oh sorry i was pointing that to ssslayer

15. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Err,... if thats the boy band ka main concept, then I hate em completely!!!
    Especially the part "young men who can sing and dance",... hehe defines them perfect,......... lame wounded ducks :mad:

16. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

no probs dude....

@ssslayer....agreed on da savage garden thing....darren hayes must hav started to look lik a man but his music has becom more sissy......

17. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

BOY bands suck .... even the men's pr1ck ...

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

okay....now suppose someone takes the argument further and says "I don't give a damn about what the dictionary defines hat to be" and then I use hat as a reference to cow?

The dictionary is the standard reference....I realize that most people aren't very sure about what boy bands are which is why I asked in my first posts how the thread maker defines boy bands. If there is no given definition, I will go by the dictionary.

@akky thats why I said I don't like the front but I appreciate the effort of the musicians behind these puppets.

19. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Wats so gutsy about admitting regarding Boys Band?
    Its the way you look at a point...that makes u think it is like that...

I like Backstreet Boys... and that too since long back...
    And their new album, Never Gone rocks...!!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

20. andystringer83

andystringer83 New Member

Boy bands are what i call "Musical Food Poisoning" :cen: