Do you guys want Metallica in India?

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Roadie2Rockstar, May 12, 2005.

1. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

or try indore this time...

2. shaily

shaily New Member

megadeth is comin in september in delhi, bangalore and mumbai i guess....
    but in any case metallica would come i'll not miss it cos nothing else matters...

3. mad_man

mad_man oo my god kill Em all

just like one of the guy said H E L L Y A A H ! !
    i would pay anything to watch metallica play in india

but on the other side i think :badmood: i know they are not coming to india

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hmm...cud u guys bring dreamtheater here ...lol ( i know i am getting ahead of myself...but still....)

5. Roadie2Rockstar

Roadie2Rockstar New Member

Hey Shaily, Megadeth is touring India in october and its gonna be just mumbai and banglore. Or would you rather have them in Mumbai and delhi, let me know what you think dude.

As for Metallica they will be here sometime in February-March 2006.

Dennis, i guess dreamtheater is a good option. It all depends on which artist can pull more crowd.
    Joe satch show just had like 10,000 crowd in Mumbai, 15,000 in banglore and about 6,000 in Calcutta.
    Now based on that Megadeth will be playing this october only in Mumbai and Banglore. Also if the organiser that is opuim events can get dates maybe just Mumbai. Cause they are still not booked, but trust me the organisers are keen on doing the Megadeth show to prove to their sponsors that rock n roll is still alive. If the response does not get better than joe satch show then we probably want see eric clapton and metallica play in india.

I say probably won't play cause if opium events does not bring them down i don't know who will???????

6. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

eric clapton and metallica probably have more fans in india than megadeth has. so its quite not just to decide on that basis. and eric clapton :)rock:) will have a totally different fan base too!

7. Roadie2Rockstar

Roadie2Rockstar New Member

Yes agreed 6 String they all have a diffrent fan base.
    But the companies that put the money in terms of sponsorship dont look into all this.
    Why do u think companies put more money in doing a Bollywood artist gigs for any charity show. its simple they draw a much huge crowd response.
    So what if those are free shows and even beggars attend the show.
    They feel their brands get a wider publicity.

Now if a international act does not draw a crowd response of over 20,000 people its bad for the organisers. All said and done if backstreet boys comes to india and gets more than 30,000 crowd in 2 big cities and if megadeth pulls just over 10,000 in 2 big cities than no brands will put money in rock concerts in future and more pop acts will get the coverage.

So if the upcoming megadeth show is not a sucess then blame anyone 'Brahma' 'Opium Events' 'Me' or 'Yourselfs' but you will not get to see a Metallica concert.