Do you guys want Metallica in India?

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Roadie2Rockstar, May 12, 2005.

1. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Huh???? What ????????

2. Roadie2Rockstar

Roadie2Rockstar New Member

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3. Roadie2Rockstar

This thread was regarding the prefrence of metallica in india. I guess people want Megadeth more than Metallica. However just got a new update that Dave is doing shows with a new line up. Infact in some of the shows he is going by the name of Dave Mustaine's Megadeth and some others just as Dave Mustaine. In that case it would not be megadeth in india, but Dave Mustaine live in India. So this is again gonna be a issue for the organizers, what will the crowd response be, etc. Cause if they put megadeth in the paper ads and then have it as dave mustaine in the TV ads just before the show. It raises a issue about cheating people.

4. Roadie2Rockstar

So people Megadeth is not confirmed for now.

5. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hmm... but Dave Mustaine is?

6. Roadie2Rockstar

The signing amount is still not sent, but yes its either Megadeth or Dave Mustaine. Let me tell you Cyrus Gorimar of opium events is very keen on doing the shows which have been promised. Infact the other day I heard him talking about bring Paul Gilbert after the sucess of Joe Satriani. but these are just overheard conversations. lets hope for the best, asmodeus

7. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Paul Gilbert... I dunn know whether his shows will be extremely well taken in India...
    I mean like, often, I dunn see his name on the Indian lists...
    THo like, he IS that damn good...

Yeah! Dave is like way to go man...

8. call_of_ktulu41

call_of_ktulu41 New Member

well..
    i heard Megadeth's playing India.. in bangalore and bombay... i heard vai and eri clapton are coming too (ultimate-guitar.com) ...
    But the setlist MD is gonna play includes abt 4-5 songs from TSHF ... and besides ive never heard the 'drover' brothers play before ...
    I moved to chennai from bangalore a couple of years ago and i beseech all ye curd rice eating morons to go out there and buy a few records so that we can have a show here(however improbable that may seem). Apparently engelbert humperdinck wanted to play chennai ... and noone paid attention.well...poop.
    And about metallica.. there are rumors they are in studio... apparently they have a ton of unreleased songs (hopefully with a solo :|) they want to cut an album with..
    But id prefer megadeth anyday to metallica or should i say mustaine to all of metallica. Noone ..not even a filipino guy with crazy hair replaces dave. Amen.

9. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah..metallica are working on their final album

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i gotto watch them i gotto feel them i gotto listen to them i gotto say i want them in mumbai.i gotto say not only in mumbai but every other city in indian that rocks!but one problem is that i dont want them to sing nything from st anger!

11. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i loved metallica when they had jason newstead.as for now, my vraze for metallica is fading to black sooner.

12. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

I would give anything to see them perform 'One' , Master , Ride the lightening , seek and destroy, fade to black , Battery , damage inc. , just anything .. those are the songs .

13. 5green

5green New Member

metallic in india...keep dreamin guys. even if the inevitible does happen, who wants to watch a metallica after rehab perform. their new albumn sucks big time. mtv icon was the best metallica in the last half decade! they even seemed out of sorts at woodstock '99!
    i guess there are no bands right now that i would pay to watch a live show. sad but true.

14. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^u are sad...go out listen to more music!!!
    theres loads of good bands worth listening here in india itself so open up rather than shutting urself inside a box and suffocating

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Well said man... rightly support ya views....

16. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@sgreen - u must be sitting at home eating pop corn and watching p o r n .no wonder your views are sadistic.

17. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

I caught metallica in Austin, TX last year.....their shows kick the most ass....the blaring speakers and pyrotechniques are amazing. Its a treat for any head banger!!!!! And as for set lists.....they usually dont play too much of their new stuff.....they understand their fan base is comrpised of mostly old-schoolers and they play what u please. and Rs2500 is like $50.....very reasonable for a concert of that magnitude

18. Roadie2Rockstar

Hey Vivo_B, thanks for the information, this is something that cant throw light on this thread.
    Guy's here's what we are discussing, if Metallica are to perform a huge 3 hours setlist with most of the songs from previous albums and just 3-4 from st anger, then what do u guys feel will we have a kick ass show.

Also let me inform u joe satch show crowd response was not so good.
    Based on crowd response for the upcoming megadeth show, mostly a metallica show will happen next year in andheri sports complex (depending on crowd response)

19. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

^then metallica wud be fine. i wouldn't like to miss it like satch's.
    these shows shouldn't be in open grounds...

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

rather they shud be held in delhi tooo.....dont leave us drooling!!!