Do you guys want Metallica in India?

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Roadie2Rockstar, May 12, 2005.

1. Roadie2Rockstar

Roadie2Rockstar New Member

I was wondering how many guys would want to see Metallica come to india :nw: Now that Jason is not the bass player anymore and St Anger not doing as well as expected, do you people want to see Opium events bring down Metallica.

What if james and lars decide to play all St anger songs and just a few other on thier list at the concert. :annoyed:
    Now keeping in mind that no one would know for sure what song list they would have in mind and I have this feeling that no one would be happy to hear only songs from st anger would people in india still go for the show. :ar:

Imaging paying a minimum of Rs 2500 for such a show??? :NoNo:

How about my Favourite :alien1: band instead :band:

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Id love to see met. if and only if they dont play anything from St. Anger...I dont think they do, actually.
    A friend of mine caught em live at Philly this year....they mostlyplayed played pre-load stuff..some load,reload and a couple of songs from st. anger(the title track and frantic)
    ..i wouldnt mind if they had the above setlist.

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

JS is here..and am goin...........couldnt care less about metallica

4. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Metallica.... Let me think I would have said a big YES before... But these days they suck... If they come and assure that they wont play more than 5 songs from Black,St. Anger, Load, Reload... Then i wouldnt miss the show for anything on hell or earth......

5. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

if this question sum1 ask me 5 yrs bfore i would definately go , no matter wht they play, but i guess there era has gone,bcumin quite old bands... limp , lp , should be playin in india!!!

6. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

metallica should play in india after they release a new kick ass album.

i heard they play mainly their old stuff in their live shows.

ride the lightnin..yeaaaah.

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

met are planning to release their final album next year...or maybe this year,,,anyways, they havent fired bob rock yet...so i guess its again gona be some nu metal crap

8. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hmm...
    I don't think Bob Rock actually did most of the creative control...
    It was James' idea to go and get an "aternative" sound... Lars wanted to come back to 80's thrash... but most probably, if James didnt have his balls stuck in his freakin brain, we would've heard something like Black...
    I hope creative control comes back to Lars... tho I don't see that happening... James still has his gotas in his freakin brain...

Now comin back topic...
    Hmm.. I would go...
    Here are the reasons =
    1. Never seen Metallica personally...
    2. Old-School still rules
    3. Present set-list doesn't have more than 4-5 songs from the post-Black days...
    4. Want to see explosions in One

9. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

H E L L Y A A H ! !

10. Roadie2Rockstar

Hey Asmodeus, thats the way to put it man old school rules!!. Its just that someone must have talked them into this nu age **** and they came up with st anger not a bad album though, however would like to see old school doing things like it used to be, so that we can atleats feel they are playing for thier fans in india and not to promote the album.

Opium events who has got joe stariani to india does have metallica on thier mind, just have to wait and see what happens.

11. Roadie2Rockstar

Hey people, now that megadeth is almost confirmed. show to be positively announced for october 2005, metallica will only happen next year, lets pray they come out with a kick ass album by then.

12. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

WTF? Megadeth almost confirmed for Ovtober 2005? ***t birthday treat for me!!!

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Huh..megadeth confirmed???

....dates and venues please..if possible a website.

14. Roadie2Rockstar

Yes Asmodeus and Dennis, i said almost confirmed for october. As you guys know that opium events who got Joe Satch to india is doing this gig too. The deal with sponsors is to see the response from joe satch show. Now seems like sponsors are not that happy with the turn out and also that many people think DNA would do a better job "posts on joe satch website". Now DNA is a good event agency however we know whats the future going to be for them. Make no mistake about it just like how Wizcraft got MJ and then a few other international acts and are now doing all the indian channel awards like filmfare and so on DNA will rather bring Backstreet boys to india then Megadeth. So the question is not of how good or bad they are at organizing. Mr Gorimar is much pissed out with how he has been treated for giving people what they could only dream of. Now as we know he is a dedicated rocker so he has decided not to let this get into him. Just few haters will not change his views and beliefs. He is working things out and as soon as the signing amt is sent to dave's agency you will hear the dates for october.

Oh just for the note DNA was trying to get Joe to india for 2 years now so you know what i am talking about. They are not bad organizers or anything. Its just that opium did its first international gig so give them a break guy's.

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Dude... Roadie... who said nething about having a fling with Opium man?
    Hey, all I say is = Jus nring in Dave Mustaine man... !!!!

16. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

who cares abt metallica? megadeth rules!

17. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

megadeth bring u must!! (..k, i just watched star wars 3)

18. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Megadeth & Star Wars ??? Whats' the connection???

Megadeth rule!... F'kin Metallica would do if they hadn't gone the Bob Rock way!

19. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

A BIG HELLYEAH :rockon:

20. Roadie2Rockstar

Hey Asmodeus, I was not specifing any name for the opuim events coments on joe satch show reviews. So dont worry dude. its not you.