Do u curse when God doesnot listen you ?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by astroguru26, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

If that applies, to everybody....

Well, it doesnt

If it did, we'll be living in karl marx's dreams

2. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

^^ well it does apply to everyone.........question is do we really believe in these or not...........after all we nowadays believe in 'facts' which have a new definitions 'something which can be seen, touched and transferred' ........n it has nothing to do with truth at all.............. well if that what some ppl think then y to consider that there is a God? have u touched him seen him talked to him listened to him??

dont be selective in ur approach

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^The people in south african ghettos would love to lay their hands on you.

4. shsnawada

Haha, you completely misunderstood my take and posted some random shit as a consequence. I disagree with that random stuff aswell and thats why i'm replying.

OK.
    Try saying this: Food is something that you want, not something that you need to a guy whose had malnourishment (there are a lot of those kind of people). Or a leg is something that you want.....etc. Get the idea?
    Thats how humans work, and progress. I'm fairly certain that theyve seen fire, felt it, thought about its uses and precausions in a logical manner. And the use of fire IS a milestone in terms of how far weve gotten.
    Enlighten me with the truth then. Wait a minute, You meant that facts have nothing to do with the truth. Thats going in my singgy.
    MAny people dont believe that god exists. Mostly for that reason. Some people think that : Science has and always will have holes in it . (its also known as ignorance). To cover up those holes, many people think that there is a supernatural power but it is nothing close to what the major religion percieve it to be. (i could say, i'm one of them)
    Some people claim to. (with varying degrees of humour, mostly unintentional)

I'd dismiss that as a random quote. It makes no sense to me and is out of place.

*zing*

EDIT: On a sidenote:
    :mad:

5. khuram82

6. shsnawada

If sanity=dreamland, then:
    Man, how can you misunderstand so many things at one go? Linguistics? :think:

*expects long or no reply*

7. d_ist_urb_ed

^Khuram, are you ignorant or are you just plain stupid? If the former, you need to learn to shut up, if the latter, well, i just feel sorry for you. And lol, i do not have to prove myself, certainly not to people at a lower level of the evolutionary rung than me.
    @shsnawada, much appreciated :beer:

8. shsnawada

A lot of his posts seem quite arguable (bangable to be more precise). this one for example.

9. d_ist_urb_ed

Allegory of the soundcard? Or ravings from a mad(deningly annoying) philosopher?
    @shsnawada, thanks.

10. khuram82

Well ......if u say so that i didnt get ur point last time......then i didnt get it this time either......... probably u're not being comprehensive in ur argument explaination!

Enlighting you!!

FACT TO BE SEEN
    u must've known the concept of 'mirage' u can see with ur eyes that there is water out there (fact)......but there's not (truth)

oxygen molecules .........they around you (truth) ........but u dont see them(fact)

FACT TO BE TOUCH
    Mercury is the only metal which is not in its solid form............ one could say its a fluid.......which it feels when u touch (fact)........but its not(truth)

FACT TO BE TRANSFERRED
    Information is what you get from other sources it could be in a newspaper which is false.......... it is a fact because its there..........but well obviously not the truth (and many other examples could be used in this)

it means u must have researched the major religions.......... if u did then u r in a better position to judge what is GOD .........if not then better not say anything without thorough study

if doesnt make sense to you then u're not in a position to say that its out of place...........

11. khuram82

Its rather called to articulate..........but well when you follow this idea of "I dont agree with you because it doesnt make sense to me' ......then its a problem at ur side............get me? very unlikely that you would......was givin a last try!!

12. d_ist_urb_ed

First of all, thank you for providing me with the pleasure of tearing your argument apart. On to business,
    1)What Shsnawada said was utterly clear and lucid, if you didnt understand, we can only judge your lack of credibility based on that fact. What you said was that "God gave me everything i needed" applied to everyone. Would an anencephelic child's parent's, a cystic fibrosis patient, or just a poor homeless man suffering in the cold agree with you? Is that what they needed?
    2)You turn to "mirages" and "oxygen molecules" to explain whatever it is you're trying to tell us. Are you trying to establish a distinction between a fact and truth, or are you just trying to convey the "truth" that God exists and the "fact" that you cant see Him? Dont get me wrong, i'm a true believer, but i see why so many people turn atheist. People like you preach, and believers turn atheist
    3)Does religion really offer any kind of conclusive evidence about God? There are quite a few religions out there, each with it's own set of beliefs and practices. The general gist might be the same for some, but all in all there are clearly set differences demarked among them. So how can researching the major religions point out to the "true" god? And in going with what you said, What is god?
    4)We're not talking about the topic at hand, we're merely marveling at the fact that you make no sense at all.

13. d_ist_urb_ed

lol. You're a gifted narrow minded person. When i say you dont make sense to me, i mean it. I'm not shutting you off but rather inviting you to explain your ideas more clearly. I might not agree with you, but it might make sense to me. So far i dont see such hope, but this was a last try as well.

14. khuram82

i like your way of breaking things up for making them easy to understand.......but its not always the right way.....coz in that way you ignore the 'context'

15. d_ist_urb_ed

I hate the way you generalize, cause that way you fail to be specific.

16. shsnawada

There are people who are less gifted that you. I hope that makes it clear to you.

No, its called convection (truth) and visually resembles water. Thats why its often mistaken for water.

They are PROVED to be invisible. Wait, you actually forgot to mention PROOF in your so called definition of a fact. Or of course, you disagree. That would be so.... cute (I rarely use that word)

A mercury easliy fits into whats DEFINED to be liquid. Youre actually saying that mercury at room temparature is not a liquid. If i believed everything that youve said, i'd have learnt much more than what i did in the rest of the year. :nw:

Those are called knowledge claims. I dont think i would have fallen for all this even if i was 9 or 10.

No. It means that i know what major religions mainly imply.
    No, it means that i'm in a better position to judge WHAT PEOPLE OF MAJOR RELIGIONS THINK GOD IS, OR COULD BE

Tell me then, what it had to do with the rest of the post.

17. shsnawada

So youre saying that the reason why the soundcard didnt work was because of god?

Ahh....the famous method which goes: "You see, it doesnt make sense. Nothing can explain it. Thats god". For me it seems ridiculous that anyone at all would fall for that crap. And youre implying that if i disagree, then its a problem on my side? :RollLol:

18. d_ist_urb_ed

^lol.....hehehe

19. khuram82

naah......i was explainin the idea of God ........ in a physical perspective.......... giving out the example of a manufacturer and a machine........... generalising this idea as God (manufacturer) and humans(machine)........but well you are making ur life difficult by jus reading and not trying to understand ;)

20. shsnawada

I know but i couldnt agree one bit to this (which was apparently the basics of what you were trying to say):
    I really, really disagree with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.