Do u believe there is a GOD?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by mathai, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

awww tht icy tongue ... :p:
    beware...

also i hav sumthin common with ya harini.. i got 1 muslim frnd (shahnawaz) he is really cool :rock:. i spent a week at his place in da vacations.. his mom n dad were so nice.. lolz.. it was embarrassin.. :)... they made me feel like a spoilt prince :Laughing:.. beta kya khaoge.. beta kaha ghumne le chalu tumhe.. beta kya chahiye.. lolz.. i miss thm :p:

o ya.. comin back 2 da topic..
    beware of tht icy tongue... :p:

sumthin jus struck me.. 'beware' is used mostly as in 'beware of dog' ... right ??
    cooll.. i'm gona suggest a name 4 da dog thrd by nemo.. "icy tongue"... :grin: howz tht ?? :grin:
    don u dare giv me mad reps .. harini.. :grin:.. i'm warnin ya :)

2. harini

harini Hameer Kalyani

lol..im not a dog! but yea...i have a lot of muslim friends..and theyr all cool...people like taifi..im totally not cool with@

3. Subhro

i dint use ur name 4 da dog..:NoNo: i jus kinda borrowd ur 'icy tongue' ----> :p:

4. Taifi

Taifi New Member

listen i was just a little hurt by all the things u were sayin abt god. man its not like i am an extremist or nethin.ppl were postin what they thought abt and i posted what i thought. k. and now u guys all think that i m sum ****ty bitch who thinks that whatever he says is right or sumthin. i am a muslim and proud to b one not that i m agaimst all of ur thoughts. i respect them. and the case of bigy and '...'. i know bigy as a friend . his name is fahad humayun and lives near my house. and '...' i dont hell know who he is

5. Taifi

Taifi New Member

k i hope i made my self clear.

6. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

u sure did man.........im leaving this topic by the way

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

there is only one god...john petrucci, whenever i listen to his stuff im in heaven. :)

8. vini

vini Repeat Offender

its been decades since every1 has been arguing abt evolution vs. creation..but this hasnt lead to any solid inferences...i guess..i have a 98% disbelief..whatever has happened on earth is just coz of nature..maybe nature is omnipotent..but not an entity? i believe its ancient people who created Gods for their vested interests or due to lack of knowledge..like..in ancient times..people praised rain..because they didnt have an umbrella...anyways so this is an arguable topic..i have few christian pals who are firm that there is a god (Jesus) etc,. etc,. and they even seek god's opinion...huh...when they have a question/quandry..they pray for god's opinion and then while reading bible they come around a clear answer...i mean..is there any logic?? i think its such a topic that i can keep yappin on n on n on..but guess i've already spoken too much..SO..98% i feel NO..and rest 2% ..u never know sumthings are unpredictable..lol
    hope i didnt offend any1 with my thots...sorry if i did

tahda!!
    ps-by the way..u all have deflected from the main topic...grrr

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i agree with u 100% vini and green day is with us. so dont worry. so down with the moral majority. I wanna be the minority :)

10. Subhro

Do u believe in God ?

I do. if HE/SHE isnt thr.. wht the heck .. but if HE/SHE is thr.. i wana be blessd :p:

11. Mudit Malhotra

Mudit Malhotra BLOODY FINGERED

welllllll

well guys according to thr exists some devine power thats runs each n everythin on earth he cr8ted us kills us makes us happy makes us cry gives us takes from us , favors differntiate i mean each n every single act is done by that pwer this power has two sides THE SIDE WHICH WE HUMANS LIKE IS CALLED AS GOD AND THAT WE DONT LIKE IS KNOWN AS EVIL SO WE PRAY TO GOD THAT WE ARE ALWAYS UNDER BLESSINGS OF GOD AND GOD SAVE US FROM ALL EVILS

hmmm well do u al find me psycho?
    lol
    reply me
    Mudit

12. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

so 2 human sides r fighting, which side is good which side is evil ?

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

no i dont find u psycho..believe whatever gives u satisfaction, makes u happy...finito

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hmmm... yeah

15. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

finally caught up with this one......whoa....
    extremism ..yup i see it here....
    one track mind-ism...yeah i see that too....
    severe prejudice yup i see it too...
    too much sceptisim..that too
    evolution u cant deny...what about all the anthropologcal evidence...to those who know it...what about "ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny"...
    believing in the existence of a god doesnt necessarily mean that god created adam and eve.....thats sh!te ....the begining of the universe as the bible says it to be...i find that unbelievable ridiculous...no world was fcukin created in 7 fcukin days...
    adam and eve are scat....
    to those who do not belive in evolution...hmm do u guys belive in gravity.....or that bogus too?
    But i belive.....in god yes....and i have my reasons...
    heres my theory...
    we dont know...not completely how we came into being...yeah..we evolved from apes (ramapithecus..was it?...or was it dryopithecus...) ....who were mammals...mammals evolved from birds..birds from reptiles...reptiles from fishes..fishes from invertebrates..so on and so forth...till the first unicellular organisms.....i had mentioned this earlier...oparin and haldane put forward a theory..which said that some thing they called a prebiotic soup...miller and urey tested this too...which had all the raw materials so to speak....to create life.....now ...fine these raw materials came toggethor on earth..earth is a part of the solar system..the sun a part of the milky way and the milky way a part of the universe...with billions of stars ..and planets and what not..but it is still finite...and yet expanding...
    now there are times i start thinking.if the unverse is finite.waht is at the boundries...if the universe is expanding....waht is it expanding in...what they call ether ? what is this ether then....
    if u belive the big bang theory.....then u gotta belive in the primevial atom...now where the hell did come from...and b4 the big bang..what did it come into....if just floating space..where does this "space" come from...if u belive that all the matter in the universe is made of atoms molecules...et al (this is for all those who dont believe in evolution...do u belive in atoms and molecules??? :confused: ...then where did these atoms and molecules come from.....these questions leave me in a tizzy..the only way i choose to answer them...is that i belive a force was responsible for these..a force which governs everything in the world...a force which is responsible for all the laws...and protocals....a force which cant be classified as physical or whatever...a force which basically keeps things running....a force which is much much bigger than all of us...a force which set this all in motion....and that we are just an accidental (or mebbe intentional..i dunno) coincidence..and i choose to call this force GOD
    and i belive all of us are in touch with this force on some level....coz this force is the nidus to our beginings....evolution was just inevitible once the wheels were set in motion....
    as for the tsunami...and natural disasters...call it a way of balacing stuff out....or say that this is about the bigger picture...and this was just one of the incidents leading to it.......
    as for Personificaton of god...well i dont have any problems with that...coz it helps me relate to him better...to think ...i dont belive in god as allah....or chris..or anything...no, it wud be better to say i dont belive as these to be differnt gods....just different names for that same force....
    but personally in my head my image of god...my personification of god is ganpati....for a few reasons...hes cute...hes a cool dude..i mean..cmon people he has an elephants head...and somehowi i think of him to be in my age group...i just do...so i kinda relate more to him as a friend whos alwasy there....a freind who i respect a lot, who i love a lot....some might find that sacriligeous...blasphemous even...but those are my views...

16. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i wonder what kinda evolution or mutation woulda created God with elephant head...

Oh wait.. i think i know the story, and no i am not talking about the simpson episode in india where appu gets married, homer wears a ganpati elephant head mask.. and gets chased by a real elephant :p:

17. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

^^:eek:fftopic:^^

18. Subhro

nice post saurabh... !!! and jus kick J's butt. i'l help u.

19. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

@all who deny the existance of god...

ther is always an inventor of evrthing....i.e artifical (radio ,t.v ,car etc)without who it cannot be made or discovered...

eg.If Fender or anyone else wouldnt hav created a Electric Guitar ...obviusly it would not b pssibly made....

take any example .....Nature , Tree, or human beings which are created by their parents , who r created from their parent....and so on.....if we go back to time to a single pair left i.e ADAM n Eve ....But who created them...????

okie if i suppose they were evloved from Molecules..atoms.....
    But who Created Atom ??????can any body answer

simple is that they can b created them self...no theorey cant explain it ...
    ther must b some Creator ...or Maker of it ...AND THAT IS GOD.....WHICH IS ONLY ONE.......

Do u hav any comments ??????

20. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

so why should u pray him? is he such a bad person that he wants to be worshipped?
    who is he to decide whats good whats wrong whats moral whats immoral?
    doesnt he belive in democracy? dont u belive in democracy?
    thats a very interesting observation.. have u noticed.. the religious nations are seldom democratic, but secular nations almost always are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.