Do u believe there is a GOD?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by mathai, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

^^^^^^

i go with you , do no harm , expect worst :annoyed:

2. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Right On Man!! I'm Agnostic too. Hey for some really serious discussion on the topic, check out :

Atheism and Agnosticism Forum

U will find lots of arguments for not believing in God. Theists may argue that god cannot be understood by logic but by LOVE!!

But let them live in their paradise... for the more sensible people... it's time u start using ur head.

Here's an interesting quote:

" If god is capable of stopping evil but not willing then he's malevolent
    If he is willing but not able then he's not omnipotent
    If he's able and willing... then whence cometh evil?
    If he's neither able nor willing ... then why call him god? "

- Riddle Of Epicurus ...One of the oldest atheists

This one is called argument for Evil. There are four more.

:rockon:

3. propellerhead

propellerhead Banned

aethism is to al qayda and gw bush what agnostism is to dalai lama and bahai folks and secular dudes.

get the picture?

better to be agnostic.

4. Hardknockerg

Hardknockerg Banned

oh God he's my friend dont believe me my friend has as name Bhagwan so God exists
    hahahahha

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

LOErindle- excellent post, that riddle was pretty cool.
    But do change ur name or ill be calling u LOE from now on if u dont mind.

@ Propellerhead: Agnostics and Atheists are pretty much on the same boat except that agnostics would be cowering inside the boat whereas atheists would be facing the tide. Agnostics have pretty much chosen the easier way out by saying they are 'doubtful' about his existence.

6. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

^^^ u r wrong.

Atheists r strong believers.
    they are as bad as the pope,shankaracharya,lk advani, al qayda or gw bush. they are idealistic.. they have very strong faith.. faith that there is no god.

agnostic folks are moderates. they r not hardcore like religious zealots and atheists.

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

no jayswami, i disagree with you
    Atheists are A-theists: i.e. people who dont believe in God
    Agnostics are people who say that its impossible to know whether God exists.
    (Just checked the Collins dictionary)

There is no hardcore/softcore issue here. Being Atheist and being Agnostic are a little different, not in intensity but in belief.
    /quote as bad as the pope,sharacharya,.../
    Many of the theists over here might get offended, u seem to be pretty extreme and maybe even atheistic :D
    Just pulling your leg
    Peace Out

8. light_of_erindi

Very True , Dennis. Atheism is just lack of belief in god.
    It is not belief "in" the lack of god. negation cannot be held as an assertion, it is just denial of an assertion. This is similar to " Straw man " fallacy in logic.

9. light_of_erindi

And Dennis, I wanted to register as light_of_erindir but i was hasty and missed out "r"
    I guess u know what "light of erindir" is if u have seen Lord Of The Rings. :)

10. Menon

Menon New Member

WE-e-e-lll...
    I beg to differ here, Dennis..but we agnostics aren't really cowering from the tide o NE such thing cos, lemme talk abt myself here, I am truly mystified by the escapes I've made, jus cos of some freak impulse that's come into my nut, something I wouldn't usually do, for e.g buy tickets for a train ride from friggin Goregaon to Andheri..never ever..till one day I decided what the hell..let's buy it man..and lo and behold ANdheri station, I get checked and breeze thru with my heart in my mouth and my mind numbed with suprise and relief!!
    So I guess it's a reluctance to believe there is God, mixed with the urge to believe it!!
    So don't make us agnostics sound so pedestrian..
    Cheerio
    Menon
    PS:The above example could be attributed to plain simple odds, but then..it was too coincidental to believe the math behind it..moreover, things like this've kept happening..
    Lookin Forward to findin that state of mind!
    Cheers

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I get your point Menon, i retract my previous statement.
    Come to think of it at times I too become a little Agnostic(especially when i space out ,if u catch my drift)..that makes me Athegnostic!!
    Newayz, in the end it really doesnt matter. One believes in whatever makes him happier or gives him peace etc.
    As in your case it could have been either(mathematicle or prophetic) but you chose whatever made u feel better, gave u a high etc.

Its just a little depressing to believe in the fact that our Future is not in our hands and is already planned for us(Matrix style)...thats my high, thinking that i am doing whatever i do cause i have a choice and choose according to my free will.
    (Also the religious rituals do get to me :D )

Peace

12. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

there is only 1 GOD.
    ALLAH ALMIGHTY

im a muslim by the way

13. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

woah this topic has come after ages.......

14. harini

harini Hameer Kalyani

uhh..wogay big evil! watever!

15. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

didnt talk to u harini

16. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^doesnt mean she cant express her opinion

17. light_of_erindi

I thought this thread was buried 1000 threads down ....who the hell fished this one out?!...:)

18. harini

harini Hameer Kalyani

lol...when u post in igt...you talk to everybody! private msging is for if u dont want me to reply....
    so yeah...my answer to your claim still remains...Whatever!!!!! Give me a break!

19. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

ther is god...AALAH....without him even a Single movement is impossible
    the Evoultion is a Fake

20. harini

harini Hameer Kalyani

Dude..do i come and force on you that Mahavishnu is God? No right? i respect that you hve your own religion and i have mine. why cant you people be that way too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.