Do u believe there is a GOD?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by mathai, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

^^^God never does bad things to anybody. Whatever bad happens to a person is due to his/her evil deeds.....

2. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i believe in God..
    i have my own beliefs..which many people will ridicule ..but i believe in Christ.
    i believe it is the truth.

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^DP, LOL:)
    ^shahruk, absolutely dude
    ^Sanjay, couldnt agree with you more
    ^At dharmatma, we wont ridicule 'em, tell us.

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I dont believe the existence of a God. Just because phenomenon cannot be explained doesnt mean u blindly attribute it to the existence of God.
    Man has gained leaps and bounds in his knowledge.
    When we started off we cudnt explain what the Sun was so we worshipped it as God.But now we know tht its only a star.Similarly going from geocentricity to heliocentricity.
    Personally i havent felt the need for a God, have never prayed for anything. Doesnt mean i havent achieved anything. I have enough faith in my own abilities than to seek out 'external help'.
    Well I cud go on and on, but the point is that both sides Atheists and theists have valid points for their beliefs. Whats more important than the existence of gods and religions is human values. I believe religion was a system created so that the human race doesnt go awry ( for fear of the Apocalypse or whatever) and hence it does serve an important role in society. Hence i personally am not against any religion or belief...each to his own.Its just that when people become more fanatic and less human that the system crumbles.

PS: The above are my personal views. I DONOT intend to offend anybody as religion is a very sentimental issue. If so im extremely sorry and i will edit my post.

5. propellerhead

propellerhead Banned

faith is a strong emotion..

people who believe in god are the same as the people who do not belive in god..
    cause they have strng faith without any scientific proof (that he exists or he dont)

I am agnostic.. meaning i dont know if god exists or not.. and i do not care..
    u can continue to belive what u believe in.. i will be who i am and lets all coexist peacefully.. please do not kill in the name of god..

if your parents, religious leaders, friends as u to kill in the name of god, play them RATM :p:

6. Sanjay Mazumder

@disturbed, Why dude? I really feel like laughing. hahaha

7. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

@ propellerhead - nice post and nice ideas ,...

8. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I personally think these threads should not be allowed on discussion forums. Religion is a very personal issue and a lot of people can get offended by such things. It's especially harder because an immature response can cause serious hurt to people who are staunch believers of religion. Just my opinion but these threads should be banned from now on.

9. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

^^^^dats true. jerks r all arnd. it can be disturbing.

10. shak

shak Harrr!

^^agree..this is why i refused to answer the question about the second life in the ghosts thread...and i said that these question relate to personal ideological and mythological backgrounds and shouldn't be put up publically...but no one considered it.. :( :annoyed:

11. Menon

Menon New Member

Oy..stop throwin wet towels on this thing man..Intelligent ppl can carry on a conversation abt NEthing..so long as we understand that these are personal views and we don't try enforcing them on NE1 or start debating abt the whole issue...so I think the thread should go on..
    That settled, let's get to the Juice!!!
    I dunno I'm not a believer, I'm agnostic too...the only difference being I really want to find out!! Now, I'm a subscriber to this school of thought that's coined a word called creative intelligence...I think that explains the paranormal..religion, I think is man made and a way of life..so no arguments there..the unexplainable can't be attributed to the existence of God, but think abt it as some universal power..
    I think ppl pray b'cos of the greed to go to heaven or fear of goin to hell...incurring God's wrath..I treat this power more as a friend..talkin to him in expletives and things..and really man guys..when there's no one else to run to..you want this power to come bail you out and I've had more than my fair share of troubles, I can assure you!!
    NEhow..I will echo Dennis' disclaimer here...Nicely put Dennis!!Neway..you really liked that Ezekiel 25:17 scene in pulp fiction eh? Or that Tell me again abt the Hash Bars scene..it's a brilliant flick!!
    Cheerio
    Menon

12. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

i agree wih my man Menon, whats the problem in talking about it openmindedly. If someone doesnt want to talk thats a different matter but those who wanna discuss, let them discuss.
    After all we are all seeking the 'eternal knowledge'. Who knows listening to some1 elses thoughts might give us a new perspective.

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Yeah Menon, Pulp Fiction is my fav. movie, watched it 7,8 times and have even read the script!!.... tarantino rocks.
    Personally, my fav scene is when Jules and Vince go to get the briefcase from the Quarterpounders.

PS:Sorry for drifting away from the topic, but i cant resist Pulp Fiction talk :D

14. Sanjay Mazumder

People again fighting for God.....

15. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Not "for", in the name of God.....

16. Menon

Menon New Member

Neither can I..:)...pls mods..jus this once..
    Yeah one helluva Movie...The WOlf doin a clean up job was brilliant...besides,
    "Tell me Jules, do you see a sign outside that says 'Dead Nigger Storage'? Tell me Jules, do you?"
    Hahaha..and the Vincent and Jules scene in the car abt the hash bars in Amsterdam...at one point I knew the whole Dialogue...
    Ezekiel 25:17, the path of the righteous man is beset.....
    Wow!! Tremendous performances man!!
    Cheerio
    Menon

17. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Lol..i know man. The funniest part is when Vince shoots the nigger(whatever is his name) and then
    Jules: What the fk did u do that for?
    Vince: Sorry Jules, it was an accident!
    Jules: WTF?
    Vince: i said it was an accident,u must have gone over a bump or something!! :))
    Just too hilarious

18. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

coming back to the subject.

/quote fighting for God/
    IF believing in God means having to take Violence i prefer to be a peaceful Atheist :)

19. vivekthakur

vivekthakur New Member

Hi

i have been working on theory of evolution for some years now, and foudn some amazing facts, thanks to chaos theory. I have assembled some information and put it on my website: https://www.vivekthakur.com/evolution.aspx

Those who wanna know how we evolved and "why adam and eve never existed" might like to go thru the article..

-Vivek

20. Sanjay Mazumder

God Exists Everywhere......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.