Do The Nationals Agree With The NATIONAL GAMES!! ??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by rizaaj, Dec 26, 2004.

?

Should the National Game Be Changed From Hockey to Cricket???

Poll closed Apr 5, 2005.
  1. Yes, Definately It Should be Changed

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No, Hockey should hold its status as it is

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  3. Dont know, it dosent Hurts me Either way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

That's the essence of this thread venus, but dont get them started again:p:

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

3 -1 one.. Hockey.. LOL..

3. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@even if hockey remains to be a national game...it will be still neglected. hockey is our national sports..who cares really? its just given for namesake i think. when our hockey team moves somewhere they stay in some hotel where the rent is abt Rs.500 ...and our indian cricket team stay in five star hotels.

hockey is a fantastic game...i dont say cricket sucks. i love cricket. but i am really proud of indian hockey team than indian cricket team since they have atleast shown so much of good sport and efforts even when they get so less facilities. i think only last year or so our hockey team got a sponsor like sahara india.

even our indian domestic cricket scene sux. tell me can u see any spectators watching domestic cricket like ranji trophy? wat is the difference between salary and facilities provided to a state player and an international player? i am not saying it used be equal but indian cricket team was given flats for free in lokhandwala complex somewhere i think and a domestic player struggles like shit...i think publicity is really important....media shud help to promote all sports in india...sports authority shud do something to attract crowds like in england ...i believe since they found only old ppl turning interested in their domestic cricket ...they provided free beer and some entertainment to attract crowds and it worked like charm.

pakistan hockey team really rox...sohail abbas ....u rock man!!
    our indian junior hockey team really rox...some serious talent out there.....i was so happy when they beat argentina in world cup final 6-2!!!!!!!!!

jai hind :)

4. jayanth

India Lost to Fance 3 - 1.. Hockey

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

endangered species r usuallyt made national animal bird etc.. so why not sport?
    hokckey it is and hockey it will be.. till no one remembers how to play it.

6. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

that will never happen...

7. Menon

Menon New Member

Heyya Guys..
    Nice thread..great views and opinions..are hockey and cricket the only two choices we have? If so, then I couldn't agree more with you abt Hockey retaining it's place, but if we had a choice, I'd make it volleyball or kabaddi o something..
    I think it's a lot to do with psyche..Indians as a people just can't work with precision and focus..there's some sort of Keeda always wreakin havoc..If you don't agree with me.you should check out some of the statistics and old matches, cos it's not talent we've a dearth of, it's just spirit..I mean our batting line-up is by far the best looking on paper..but they play like their places in the side are fixed and no one can take them away..they should never reach that stage..resting on one's laurels..let's hope the new year brings new cheer eh??
    Cheerio
    Menon

8. jayanth

@ Jay2:- I know how to play it..

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

^^^ never played field hockey.. i was playing street hockey once in cleveland, temperature was like 16 17 deg farenheit..
    and hit someone on his shins .. which hurt even though he had shin guard on..
    then he shoved me.. and i dont roller blade that well...

its a stupid game... :mad:

J

10. jayanth

Stupid Game?? LOL..

11. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

hockey is defenitly better than cricket.....i feel. cricket is so slow...one match takes like a half of the whole day...in hockey, footbal....results r withing 1 and half hr.

anyone follows EPL and UEFA here?

12. Menon

Menon New Member

Let's not compare the games pls!!! YOu could unleash a barrage of opinions..I suggest sticking to the topic!!
    Jus rem..Cricket is played 80% in the mind and 20% on the feild..it's amazing how little things show the mental make-up of a player!
    Cheerio
    Menon

13. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

whoa .. jus one vote for cricket... and hockey wins the national game award... cheers... jus kidding. i cant change it...

@menon.. well said cricket is played 80% in mind and 20% on field... so this means we can't play it... coz we dont have mindz lolz :p:

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Umm.. looks like hockey's getting a revival thanks to the PHL thingy... hopefully, it will kick ass