Distortion Pedal

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sridhar11_2, Apr 26, 2007.

1. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

I will be gettting the Line6 uber metal in a couple of weeks, will keep you informed about the quality and tone of these new line 6 pedals, would help you guage if the Dr Disto is worth buyin.

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

All over my price bracket unfortunately....

3. sridhar11_2

Thanks a lot man...i'll be waiting...

4. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

I heard the line 6 pedals aint analog. Any info on that??

5. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

well someone is offering a Jap DS-1. Can't go wrong with that pedal. Simple and yet so versatile

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ofcourse it aint.

Line6 makes all digital products, but this is besides the point.

Line6 also has a pedal which has modules (chips you cna say). These chips are like plug n play, and using the same pedal housing, depending on the chip you plug in, you will get different pedal effects (whatver Line6 offers as separate pedals)

Anyway, for huge metal tone it doesnt matter whether the pedal is digital or analog.

7. sridhar11_2

All line6 pedals are digital...that did throw me off in the beginning but since i've been using the comp softwares for guitar tones and they still are pretty decent it does'nt throw me off completely. The only reason that most digital multi fx pedals dont sound so good is that they have soo much to do with so less processing power. Now if there's a chip or processor just dedicated to doing one thing (distortion) its definitely gonna sound better.

Plus at a gig with such high volumes all distortion pretty much will sound similar. Only thing i'm hoping is that its not too shrill.

8. sridhar11_2

I already had a DS-1 (not jap) but still. I know what its about..it does'nt make sense to me right now without a good amp. Maybe when i get a decent amp it'll be good.

On another note these kinda pedals will even kick ass with the Marshalls that almost every rock show in india has on stage. First time i went on stage with the bad monkey and DS-1 it threw me off. For clean passages i was using the monkey but even with the gain all the way down it was getting dirty. You cant believe the wall of sound i got when i kicked in both the monkey and DS-1...I had to stop and play eruption just for the heck of it.

9. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Well it'd better be coz those Marshalls are usually just cruising above idle. You push them hard (like they should be) and you won't need nothing but a SD-1. I remember everytime I went anywhere near those amps one of those Reynolds goons would come running to turn it back down, even EQ was taboo.

Ha! next time I'll just take my own amp up there :) If I ever get up there again, that is

10. sridhar11_2

You really need to turn the volume way high to really see what even the MGs can really do. Also the treble knob is your friend if you have analog pedals...you can turn all the way up but if you have a multifx kill it...it physically hurt my ears when some dude went up with his AX100g or something and played some metallica song. My pedals killed everybody else for tone...

For a week or so i was addicted to high volume playing. I never knew even blues would sound so much better with sky high volume (it really brings out the dynamics). Now if just MGs can do this imagine what the Peavey 5150 hiding somewhere in bangalore(i think) can do.

11. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Oh I was referring to the JCM 900 that Reynolds has, I've played those at a couple of big shows. I have an MG 250 with me. It sounds nice when you push it and I don't use any pedals with it, only it can't take too much beating for too long. Like any big SS it overheats. My little Octane on the other hand makes that big a$$ Marshall feel like "the silent type" through the same cab, although it does need an OD to push the gain

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Reynolds who? Bangalore reynolds?

13. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

ofcourse they won't let you go anywhere near them, now that they have MGs...and yes bangalore

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i wanna go play it...those reynolds guys kinda let me play anything these days....i go and buy picks quite often :)

15. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

you must have a lot of picks by now, I imagine :)

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I loose picks a lot! lol!

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I bought you a user title lol

18. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Aw, you shouldn't have....How on earth do you do that anyway, thanks anyway

19. yazi

yazi Banned

I make my own picks from Airtel Sim Card cases. Not cuz I am a miser, no picks except triangular, flimsy givson ones. Hate 'em

20. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

so what shape are yours, I'd love to see some pics of those