distortion pedal advice

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by guitarplayer729, Aug 20, 2011.

1. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

boss distortion ds-1/digitech death metal/boss metal zone
    help guys

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

ds-1 is very different sounding from death metal or metal zone.

3. guitarplayer729

so vich1 do u recommend frm the deathmetal and metal zone

4. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Boss MT2 would definitely give u a variety of tones(Well i am selling it coz i am more of an overdriven tone guy)

5. guitarplayer729

den y do u wanna test it wid ur new amp
    giv it to me coz i need a pedal desperately man

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Best would be to try them out at the nearby store .. If they are not available then at least see youtube videos and see how each of the above mentioned pedal sounds.. Everyone has different taste when it comes to sound...

7. guitarplayer729

man i wud hav tried them but the problem is that i liv in jammu and i dont think dere cud be a store here that wud sell distortion pedals

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I mentioned youtube in my post.. Read properly..

9. guitarplayer729

thanks friend

10. wylder

wylder Member

What kind of sound are you looking for?
    DS-1 = Classic Marshall Overdrive
    MT-2 = Marshall Extremely overdriven with lot more flexible EQ, more fuzzy

DS-1 is good for overdriven to distorted sounds while MT-2 is just all out distortion, no milder overdrive.

DS-1 for clear lead tones without much fuzz, 80s and early 90's rock/hard rock. AC/DC type crunchy overdrive to early Joe Sat type lead tones. Works well for heavy blues too.

MT-2 for anything from Slash like heavy lead tones to very heavily distorted rhythm tones like In Flames. Has loads of sustain for solos but is a little more fuzzy and less cutting compared to DS-1. It will not clean up at all with volume. Can do little outside the Metal genre, but can get decent Metal tones though. More aimed at modern (extreme) metal sounds.

Youtube is pretty good for demos.

Let us know if you are looking for a paticular artist's tone...

11. guitarplayer729

i guess i will take the metal zone

12. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

@GuitarPlayer729 - PMed u. Bajaao not available today. I think its holiday for them. And also MT2 is not the tone that i am looking for even though it may sound heavenly on my new Amp. Well you can send anyone in mumbai at my place to check out the pedal if you want. I will ship it thru Bluedart..DTDC or anyother u know..dont know which and how they work. Need to find out.

13. unkle

unkle New Member

have you looked into BSIAB from general guitar gadgets? if you are not in a rush and like DIY i wont mind mailing you the parts and a home etched pcb or just head over to runoffgroove and explore other options ( i can pretty much send you any pcb from there with parts)
    seriously guys there should be more DIY happening here

14. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

@ unkle g....i have experience of electronic hardware.....can u list the components for a DIY job ?? :)

15. shailm

shailm New Member

16. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

easiest?? r u kidding?

I have visited this site earlier than ur post and found that i cant get those PCBs by any mean....
    yes, they do provide the circuit diagram but the basic requirement is that PCB...

I have circuit diagrams of Boss DS-1, DS-2, OD-1, MT-2, MXR Distortion Plus and many more....(may be stickies can be made with them) but making them on a plain PCB is risky + untrustworthy + time eating + harassing +......bla bla bla

I hope unkle have PCBs with their schematics :)

17. shailm

shailm New Member

go to their "FX Kits" section, they provide everything needed in the kit.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Shipping to India?
    What about customs duty?