digitech RP 80 or zoom 707II ??????

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by LEFTY_GUITARIST, Nov 16, 2005.

?

which 1 is better?

1. digitech RP 80

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. zoom 707II

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. i dont know.......

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Dude cmon man. Grow up. Just because a bunch of guitarists use Boss it doesnt make it the best.
    YOu know i know we all know that you love Boss because you own one. DOnt give me some crap shit like ITS THE BEST!

And ill tell you one thing, the distortion of the GT8 wont come close to the distortion on the mid priced ZOom GFX8.

2. chintan9

HAHAHA dude come of it man. Just accept hte fact that you dont know what your talkin about. Clarity in tone? hahahaha. I have palyed through both pedals a million times and I have to say that the "clairty in tone" is NON EXISTENT.

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Sorry to say. But I feel Boss Pedals are crap. They have money to get endorsees. Infact they can even make them a real custom pedal and give you something else for a cheap thing. Seriously dont go by DS1 because Satch uses it. You have no clue of what are those racks that are doing behind him. Infact he could even have an emptybox for the sake of endorsement. Even in his interviews, he still is bound to say that Boss DS1 is the best. He'd even say that till he saw DS1, he didn't even know to play guitar. The DS1 also has some skill shit that made him an instant guitar champ. Dont you see all those Soap and Cream ads. It's all the same. Juhi Chawla says Lux is the secret to her beauty. You thought she'd be ugly otherwise.

4. ronnieanand

I am a Boss user too ;) .

I use their PSM5 Power Supply to power up the other pedals, A Boss AC Adaptor and a Keeley Modded Blues Driver BD2. BD2 is nice but it has plenty of room for improvements. I can point out at least 20 pedals which can take it for a little break fast.

5. chintan9

Exactly!!!!!!! You got the words right out of my mouth.

Where the Faaak is Hindi Rox? Someone tell him to get his ass online. Nice info up there^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

6. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

^^^^^^chintan....man....dont et angry........its a public forum....if ny1 thiks boss is better than zoom......den let him........i personaly feel tht boss is gr8..........

@ronnie da, tomar full setup ki go???

i heard tht gt6 is now almost out of production.....cause of gt8......its now avlbe in some 14500..........

7. chintan9

Angry?
    what you talking about, no way man . Over such a small issue?
    Anyways its not between Zoom and Bos, its between Digitech and BOSS.

8. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

i dont kno...

9. LEFTY_GUITARIST

^^^^^^^we kno tht...:p:

10. jekyll

jekyll Banned

I found AMT sound samples good ... in fact way better than Boss pedals .. and anyway Ron is goanna gimme a live demo next week for AMT :)

11. LEFTY_GUITARIST

^^^^^^where???

12. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

LOL. You just dont know how to use a Boss.

So you are just suggesting that we all bought it just cause of its brand image? Not at all.. I've played thru Zoom, Digitech and many more processors..

As Ronnie Said Pedals are good if you know how to use them. For me i prefer a processor cause i can change more effects at the same time.

And Chintan Clarity in Tone is when the output of the processor is nearly comparable to its input. When you dont have any sort of attenuation, The tone is clear. Thats what it means.

Boss cannot become the best cause a bunch of guitarists use it. They use it cause its cl;ose to the best.

I can understand why you say that the distortions of GT8 dont come close to Zoom GFX 8. Sorry to say i currently have a GFX 8 too. Its damn saad.

You need to know how to set your sounds right to get good tone. Its not by trial and error like most of you do.

You have to understand how Gain is to be controlled. What sort of BMT will remain generic for stage and practice. What kind of compressor u need to use. What sort of speakers you have to use etc etc.

13. jekyll

jekyll Banned

at his jam room ... where else ???
    next saturday or sunday ...

14. LEFTY_GUITARIST

online^^^^^^^^:think:?????

15. jekyll

jekyll Banned

nope IN BANGALORE ...

am going to bangalore ...

u know a dude named HindiRox has signed a contract with me ... am gonna play some songs for his band ...

16. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Really? Thats cool.

17. chintan9

You own a gfx8 too? HAHAHAhahahaahah

Anyways if you really wanna know about the Zoom gfx8 and Boss distoriton comparison, mail warren mendonsa. HE wrote this huge letter to Nolan telling him to go for the Gfx 8 coz the boss distortion lacks punch. ]

18. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

You need to use the right amp sim and distortion to get a good punch.

A friend of mine Praveen Kumar left his GFX 8 with me. He is in USA for another year and a helf. I dont own it actually. But i'm not returning it when he comes back either. :p
    Your drumist know Praveen i guess ask him..

GFX 8 is the green looking thing right? Ha ha ha ha ha..

Back to the topic of GT vs GFX. The whole discussion reflects on the kind of music you play. I
    See why there is a difference in opinion. But i believe i can replicate any sort of sound made by the GFX(Except the Sucky YA YAYAYAYAYA) on GT. Cause as of now i know the GT8 in and out. I know how to make patches based of theory rather than trial and error or listening until you get a good sound.

19. LEFTY_GUITARIST

ahahahahahaha.................. :p: :rollroll::grin: :))

20. ronnieanand

:RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: