digitech RP 80 or zoom 707II ??????

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by LEFTY_GUITARIST, Nov 16, 2005.

?

which 1 is better?

1. digitech RP 80

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. zoom 707II

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. i dont know.......

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^ was 8.5K 2 years back

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

AX100G not in production.

3. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

thyink bout gettin 1 rp80.......but not sure tht can i get good sound or not................like in zoom 707II, there r some patches which almost sounds like metallica.......but im not sure bout gettin tht type of almost close patches to metallica , lp n stuff like tht which i play........

4. jekyll

jekyll Banned

dude chek out the AX10G ... it is AX100G in different box ...

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Actually my friend has the 707II...to me it didnt sound that bad at all..navigation is also much easier then the rp-80..as I said before,its not fair to compare these two..not the same category..if you dont want too many effects and an expression pedal..you can check out the new zoom G2....supposed to be great sounding with high sampling rate and stuff..

6. LEFTY_GUITARIST

is it available in india??? tht g2???

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

jaani naa re..notun product.. teen maash aageyi beriye che..

8. LEFTY_GUITARIST

^^^^tomar ekhon ki processor go??? ar oi ki rocktron na ki dist. pedal kinecho???

9. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Chintan : Boss aint overrated. Boss always lived upto the mark.

Bangalore Boss Users : Anirban(Liquid Groove), Me, Apernith(Antariksh), Arvind(Bhoomi), Deepak Rao(Shrapnel), Chris Avinash(STOMP), Trinity DSouza(Cryptic, STOMP,Phenom), Naveen Thomas(Parousia),Bruse Lee Mani(TAAQ, Now using Line 6 POD XT Live Also), Tony(MFJ,Bhoomi: Currently in Berkelee College Of Music), Abrar, List Never ends. Do you think all of us bought it for its rating? ITS JUST THE BEST!!

By the way RP80 tone is much much better than Zoom. Cause the quility in Digitech's Electronics is just too high. Not even boss can compete with the clarity in the tone.

As i said one out of seven days in a week i regret not buying a GNX4.

10. LEFTY_GUITARIST

^^^^^omg........gimmi da lst of digitech n korg users of india......:grin::p:

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Dude those are the BEST guitarists in Bangalore(Excluding me ofcourse) I can give you another list of ALL the guitarists using Boss. Leave alone INDIA. This was a sample of Bangalore.

12. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^ i can second that ... i ahve talked to 2/3 guitarists during the Rock show at Saarang and they used to vouch for BOSS ...

13. dashingvaidya

dashingvaidya New Member

Rp 80 Rockzz

Hii Guyzz!! i'm kinda new in da forum....i hav been followin dis site since i strtd playin my guitar....but joind jst now....well i hav DIGITECH'S RP80 n u bet itz da best in d market at tht price.... u got evry basic thing in there......so if u want a nice addon at a decent price,GO FOR IT.....i havn't used much d othrs though but jst heard tht d ZOOM 707 is pretty gud bt i thnk it dosnt hav d expression pedal.....corrct me if i'm wrong.....thnx

14. LEFTY_GUITARIST

^^^^^^welcome to igt.

707II hav xpression pedal.......

15. LEFTY_GUITARIST

yah...boss is da best.. :beer: ...but there is only one product tht most of da guitarists use......gt6.( gt8 is new).................

16. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Abrar and Myself use GT8.

17. ronnieanand

What about bunch of great pedals.

Anyway Abrar is not happy about the Distortions of GT8. For Clean Effects he could have bought a Alesis Midiverb or Rocktron Intelliflex or even the TC Electroic G Major. GT8 is a waste of cash at 28K. I can get you killer rack setup with that money. Only the uninformed spend so much for nothing.

18. jekyll

jekyll Banned

bunch of great pedals?
    wont it become a little cumbersome?

so u declare that GT-8 is waste of moolah?
    what about GT-6 then? it is, i guess, half the price of GT-8

anyway nothign can beat JCM-800,2000 or Mesa Dual/Triple Recto ... :grin:

19. ronnieanand

Bunch of pedals are good when you know how to use them. :p:

20. ronnieanand

GT6 is good if you can get it for about 15K or so. Then it's a great buy. The best you can get at that low budget.

For effects, I dont go by popular Brand Names. There are several killer stuffs which people dont know but used by several great artists.

Check out this McFuzz from Pedalworx. It's a terrific Fuzz pedal. But good things like these dont come much cheap and they cannot compete with the mass produced shit.