digitech RP 80 or zoom 707II ??????

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by LEFTY_GUITARIST, Nov 16, 2005.

?

which 1 is better?

1. digitech RP 80

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. zoom 707II

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. i dont know.......

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

yah vote.....which 1 is better???

and plz temme current price of both......... :beer:

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

i dont know ...

3. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

I don't know if RP 80 has this, but the 707II (which I am using now) has the smartmedia card function where in you can download and upload your own recordings, patches etc to the PC and the net.

My impression of the RP 80 was that of the 606 with a drum machine added. I'm open to corrections though, I have not played on the RP 80. My observations are based on specs.

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I have owned AX100G and AX1500G. It's kinda decent and quiet user friendly. So along these lines AX1000G should be decent.

I have played on Zoom 505 and Zoom 606. Severely crappy shit. The sound is very bad. The Clean Tones are okay but the distortion sucks. No idea about Zoom 707 but I'd prefer the GFX series.

I have played on Digitech RP80. I really liked it. The tones are pretty decent for such a low end processor. I always suggest this for beginners.

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

frankly speaking its not fair to compare the 707II and the rp-80..the corresponding product ought to be the rp-200..rp-80 sounds decent but quite painful to navigate..display is 2 digit and you have keep pressing the buttons repeatedly to scroll through settings..but at $80 it packs the max features...

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

RP80 for sure. What tones Digitech produce cannot be beaten. If only Boss made some lower end processors.

I've played on GNX3, 4 also. And feel that they are brilliant in sound. Nothing to beat Boss though. It comes so close that one out of seven days in a week i would regret not buying a GNX 4.

7. LEFTY_GUITARIST

thanx guys.............but y every1 is votin for "i dont know:p:".......

@ronnie da.......ax1000g er prce koto go??? ar comapred to ax1000g, wuts da digitech product of dat range???

8. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I guess RP 100 and RP 200 are there in the market.

9. ronnieanand

Bangalore e AX1000G pabe na. Digitech e RP100 aar RP200 Korg AX1000G che bhalo. Digitecher jineesh Bangalore pai na. O dher authorized Dealer Delhi te ache.

10. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Reynolds

Aami last Kolkata visitey Reynoldsey Digitech dekhechchi. I think they are the authorised dealers in Kolkata, try them, the Free School street shop. Or if you know anyone in Fancy Market, try that, but go through known sources only. They let you test the product in Fancy, so should not be much of a problem

11. ronnieanand

Reynoldsey Digitecher RP100 aar RP200 koto dhaam.

12. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Zoom 707II is way better than Digitech RP80. I cant believe you guys are actually even comparing the two. The zoom wins on all counts!!!!! Better tone and more features.

13. ronnieanand

Comparison goes for Zoom 505, Zoom 606 and Digitech RP80.

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^ same thing i told Lefty ...

but anyway it is his choice ...
    i ahve had the pleasure of playing on AX1G, Zoom 505, Zoom 606, AX100G

AX100G wins hands down among them ... IN ALL RESPECTS ...

15. chintan9

Dude this is a very subjective comparison. People differ in their concept of tone, sound etc. So saying something like GNX4 is not as good as Boss GT8 is kinda weird.

And to tell you the truth I think BOSS IS OVERRATED!!!!

16. chintan9

Oh ok. I thought you guys were comparing the 707II and the RP80(check the topic)

17. ronnieanand

The topic is for a poll. The discussion went off with what I said. Anyway.

18. LEFTY_GUITARIST

i got two choices in front of me......1.go for korg ax1000g or rp200a/rp300a and be happy wid dat for minimum 3 yrs.......
    2. buy 1 low end procesor .......eg. RP80.......and after aprrox. 1 year buy gnx3 or podxt live or gt6................

wut shld i do???:think:

19. LEFTY_GUITARIST

reynolds e dam besi ney. reynolds er theke braganza bhalo.

fancy market e ekhon gt6 under 10k paowa jacche.....withot pepers and warrenty..........mone hoy na kena uchit...... :eek::

20. LEFTY_GUITARIST

ca ny1 temme da price of ax100g??