Differences bet'n Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sumit, Apr 29, 2005.

1. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

:nw: Hello Guyz
    m little confused bout the diff. betn. Acoustic Guitar, Spanish Guitar, Mexican Guitar, Hobbner Etc ........ ....well i m playin guitar since long and m having an acoustic guitar but i still dont know the difference between these guitars.....help me :beer:

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

hmmm.....as far as i know u have classical guitar which is the same as spanish guitar....u have the accoustic steel string and then u have the electric guitar.......these are all six strings.......
    classical guitar ususally has 3 nylon strings and 3 brass strings......the 456 are nylon and 123 are brass....
    steel string has .......obviously steel strings.....may or may not have a pick up but has a hollow body.....
    electric guitar..its a solid body guitar meaning no hollow cavity inside.....and uses pickups to amplify the sounds...Pups may be 2 or 3 in number.......
    hobner is a brand......
    mexican i havent heard as a type of guitar .....all ive heard is the mexican made guitars....mebbe the ones u r referring to are the spanish guitars.....

3. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Classical - Nylon strings, big fat wide neck, hard to play
    Acoustic - Steel strings, Medium neck, pickups optional
    Electric (hollow/semihollow body) - Steel strings, pickups, f holes
    Electric (Solid body)- Strats,Les pauls, Teles, SGs, you know...that kind of stuff :p

4. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_guitar

spanish guitar usually is synonymous with classical guitar with nylon strings. mexican guitar is something u just made up, or u got confused seeing references to mexican strats, we will come to that later. mexican mariachi and latin stuff willl use spanish nylon string guitars.

now we come to acoustic guitar.. well even classical guitars with nylon strings are by definition acoustic, but in laymans tersm.. acoustic guitar usually refers to a guitar made of wood, with steel strings instead of nylon and u dont need to plug it in to get sound.,. and its hollow bodied.
    there r different kinds of acoustic guitar sizes and shapes.. the jumbo and the dreadnought are common in use..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_guitar
    u will find the above link useful.

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

regarding hobner givson bender etc.. those r all indian guitar company brandnames.

6. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

thx......well i knew bout acoustic guitar (which i have) and classical guitar ......all i was messed up with...a mexican guitar(i dunno who said it to me) and Hobbner....

anyways thx Dudes