Difference Between HobNer-265 and HobMer-265

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by deveshs, Dec 26, 2005.

1. deveshs

deveshs New Member

Hi,

Yesterday I bought My Guitar, But I have a littel dought that the brand name is HobMer 265 Istead of Hobner 265. Are the both brands same? or HobMer is some non standard brand....??

Please help me at this.

2. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

dude,its always been hobNer.
    i have no idea about hobMer.
    must be some new brand...
    anyway see wat the others say.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Dosnt matter, U should concentrate more on the playability, the tone and the comfort rather than the name.

b.t.w. what was the price?

4. deveshs

deveshs New Member

But I have a fear the shopkeepr has duped me? because it costs Rs 3000/- and if it is not original Hobner then it is serious issue for anybody who is going to buy hobner and ends up with a duplicate (hobmer) if he is not alert enough..??

Also If I am confident enough that that is not original Hobner then I can again go to the shop and ask for the original one.

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Whoever does not believe it : Watch PARINEETA.. See the song in that Dance Bar.. See the guitar that chap is playing it HOBNER..

@ Everyone else : Ya.. Yesterday i watched it thanks to My parents...

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Haha
    Yeah it was on TV, but i preferred Speed Hindi dub anyday LMAO, what a comedy it was!

7. sumitsuman

sumitsuman New Member

Dammn Hobmer

Even I got duped yesterday into buying Hobmer (~3k, new Bharat LJP)

Devesh are u planning to go for a return?

8. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Hey.............

Hey Guys,

I met a guy at New bharat lajpat nagar yesterday who bought Hobmer instead of Hobner and I did tell that guy to check out for the name(spelling) on the guitar.
    I dunno if it was one of u guys (Sumit or Devesh).

I had also gone to buy my first guitar (Montana -104N).

9. sumitsuman

sumitsuman New Member

Walk_alone, that was me and unfortunately I heard you the other way round!!! dammn!!

10. deveshs

deveshs New Member

Which place did u bought It ? Is it in Pune?

I am not sure weather I will be able to select the good guitar among the several same modles available there on the shop, because while buying my Hobmer luckyly I got expert advice from one stranger on the shop he select the best one for me among the several of same brand later on I come to know that the stranger was a guiter teacher!!

So I am not sure...in selecting.

11. deveshs

deveshs New Member

walk_alone this is sure that there is duplicacy in the brand but what should we do?? If the shop keeper dose not have hboner 265 then we will have to accept that guitar..

12. ElysiaN

ElysiaN d@Rk\/\/@|\|deReR

sounds interesting ...google hobMer and you will see this thread listed on top n rest has nothing to do wid guitars... :RollLol:

13. deveshs

deveshs New Member

Today I also talked to the shopkeeper and one music teacher. The shop kerper told me that HonMer is the same brand with changed name, But when I asked him that weather the manufacturer has declared this in some news paper or some kind of legale notice is there then he denied. After that I discussed the issue with one music teacher, who also sales guitar, He told me that there is less difference b/w the two. Hobmer is a bit low quality and Hobner is better. But both the modles contains truss rod in it.

So those who has got duped like me, should bear with the same, and Those who are going to buy new Hobner should be alert of the two names and look the logo carefully.

There is HobNer as well as HobMer.

Devesh

14. deveshs

deveshs New Member

Hey yaar don't crack jokes after all its a matter of Rs 3k and customers money has value .... ha ha :)

15. ElysiaN

ElysiaN d@Rk\/\/@|\|deReR

sorry ..i didn't mean 2 offend...just to let u guys know what presence hobMer has on the web...

16. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

so sad............

Hey Sumit,

Iam sorry i could not clarify myself a bit better.
    I myself logged into numerous sites before making a final decision.
    Hobner-265 no doubt is a gud guitar for this range but in my personal view higher end brands(sch as Takemine,Montana,yamaha) serve a better purpose if one is serious abt the music.

I took advice from many IGTians before going to the shop and took a guitar teacher along with me, though i know i also have been overcharged by atleast 1500/- bucks but one has to face it once to be more careful next time.
    (I wont be surprised if that teached wd also have a share in the profit.LOL)

I got my Montana 104n for 7000/- and other accessories.

Finally u can go to Bharat and ask him for Hobner-265 since you are a customer.Iam sure he has that brand 'coz i myself wanted it at first and did call them to check for the availibility....and they had it that time.

Its your right to get the right thing dude.

17. deveshs

deveshs New Member

It Ok yaar even I was not saying that so seriously.
    Njoy :))

18. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

*just trawling threads...*
    My first (and only) guitar happens to be a GiVson G150. Repeat, "GIVSON". Its accoustic, cost me 4k, and many many players told me that its a excellent sounding piece...maybe coz my sir bought it...GiVson or GIBSON??? o_O

19. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

You know what's the difference???

The answer's simple...

The Letter M

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

HObner is a kock off aof some other company hohner or something....and then why would someone make a fake of a hobner? damn its getting wierd these days! faking a fake