Difference b\w Creative SB 5.1 and SB 5.1 live!

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by Shashank007, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Shashank007

Shashank007 Extremist

Hey guys I am planning to buy a good sound card. I was recommended creative sound blaster. I wanna know the diff b/w Sound blaster and sound blaster live!
    and the price tag.

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

It's not really a "good sound card"
    These days onboard sound is just as good.

Are you going to be recording through it? Then look for a card that has native ASIO support.

Otherwise, SBLive! is just your usual budget sound card. Look into the Audigy.
    The Live!, I think, has support for the Creative Live Drive.

3. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

As far as i know, the main difference between those cards is, the Live version is included with a frontpanel, the hardware is just the same!
    You said you want to buy a good soundcard, so if you meant a good soundcard for your recording purposes, then i recommend another soundcard, the M-Audio Audiophile. The SB soundcards are very good soundcards for gamers etc, but certainly not for musicians, so if you can afford, please go for a professional soundcard!
    The M-Audio Audiophile is one of the cheepest professional soundcards there is, a very good alternative for almost all musicians!

4. Shashank007

Shashank007 Extremist

M-Audio Audiophile..........Ya I heard about it. For how much can I have one?

5. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

I don't know where you live, so i can't tell you how much it will cost, just try the many audio and music shops in your neighbourhood.
    If its allowed for you to buy from online shops in Europe you could try it here, the price is 77 Euro:
    https://www.musik-produktiv.de/(s(exf37hy6betx98fzok37jn6d))/m-audio-delta-audiophile-2496.aspx

I bought my M-Audio Delta 1010LT from this online shop, its a reliable shop, so you can trust them, but i've to say, i'm from the Netherlands and its a German shop, so it is alot easier for me to purchase from Europian online shops!