Did you dance with death yet?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by esgallindeion, Sep 9, 2003.

1. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

This must be one of their greatest releases till date. :rule:

Paschendale, Journeyman, Dance of Death, No More Lies, Wildest Dreams, Age of Innocence... all of these are some really precious Maiden gems. :)

:think:

Umm... for the uninitiated, Dance of Death is the latest Iron Maiden album. :p

2. Redalert

Redalert New Member

Kool...have u heard it? is it good?:confused:

3. esgallindeion

Maybe, its because its new, but in my opinion, it must be one of their best albums. :beer: :rule:

4. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

posting too late...i know but really i its their best album.

5. esgallindeion

Hmmm... after the initial burst of excitement, i would now rate it somewhere near the top but not the best, or second best album of IM... maybe it will tie for third place. Which is no slight rank at all/

6. tejas

tejas ..........

I like it. But i don't think its their best. I like "Seventh son of the seventh son" better.

7. esgallindeion

ya... rite now i wld rate 7th son as their best album too...

8. 6String_assasin

k, will check that album now...

9. megadeth

megadeth New Member

best album ever comes second after my all time fav album.....rust in peace(it`s by megadeth in case you didn`t know) BTW 7th son of a s7th son is my fav too

10. tejas

tejas ..........

^ Hey! Rust in peace is my all time favorite album too.

11. 6String_assasin

i just bought the rust in peace...

12. esgallindeion

There are a few bands whose entire discography is in my collection... megadeth and iron maiden happen to be two such bands. :beer:

13. tejas

tejas ..........

I have all Megadeth albums except the very 1st one - "Killing is my business and business is good". I can't find it anywhere. But i do have three tracks off it, Mechanix, Rattlehead, and Looking down the cross.

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Yeah, Dance Of Death's a good album... thoroughly enjoyed the Maiden magic... wanna jam on Dance Of Death... could get the opening riffs til bout the second leads!

Up The Irons! :rockon:

15. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Maiden and Megadeth are Ever Clear.. Not like SOME (KIND OF MONSTER) PEOPLE..

16. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

metallica really did changed a lot....their music is so different now. no substance at all!
    megadeth , maiden and slayer have sticking to their kinda stuff....
    though Slayer's kerry king uses 7 strings guitars now...

17. esgallindeion

Huh?? Maiden not changed at all??? Whats that?!?!

maiden have been evolving a lot... I wouldn't call their di'Anno albums, early Bruce Albums, the rest of Bruce Albums, Blaze albums as the same type of music. Maiden had a period without Bruce and Adrian where they released an album (X factor) which was totally un Maidenish. The inclusion of Janick also saw changes to the typical Maiden sound. And Brave New World was quite different from the avg Maiden album... tho, DoD did see them return to their roots (or whatever u use to denote their glorious Bruce Era)... Maiden have been evolving, but they haven't sold out their fans, which makes them unique! If a band doesn't evolve how can it survive for decades with exactly the same type of music???

Dunno about Megadeth cuz Im not a big fan, tho my cousins over a period of time have gifted me the whole discography... Never listened too much so I wont comment.

18. jayanth

I didnt say the dont change.. I said they are EVER CLEAR about what they are doing..

19. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i didnt like the album too much....there have been better maiden albums.

20. jayanth

Thats kind of true in some aspects..