did nirvana become famous after kurt's death ( r.i.p kurt)?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by westarend, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@westarend aaa... actually many bands did da revolution like PANTERA , even metallica ,
    they were die hard sabbath fans and wanted dat type of music 2 cum back !

and bout my performance better no tlak bout it !

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Nirvana piss me off.

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

lyrically speaking ... ALice in chains and Pearl JAm were/are way ahead of Nirvana ...
    Musically speaking Soundgarden and Pearl Jam and Mudhoney were way ahead ...
    Sanity wise speaking ... all the bands are were and will always be way ahead of Nirvana ...

but the anger in the voice ... Kurt Cocaine was way ahead of anyone else ...
    pessimism and misery in lyrics ... Nirvana was way ahead of anyone else ...
    Stage antics and drama in early 90s ... Nirvana was way ahead of anyone else ...

Amroo teenagers identified with Kurt Cocaine/Nirvana the best ... thats why the immense popularity ...
    the teenagers of todays age (in US) dont even give two hoots to Kurt now ...

but all said and done ... Nirvana surely have been pioneers ...

b.t.w. it is said that Kurt hated Marshall amps coz they represented the rock'n'roll and metal sound ... that guy was seriously :mad:

4. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Actually, I was just supporting Mr. Scary's post about people saying that their lyrics were philosophical or something. I'm not comparing Nirvana with the metal bands, I'm just saying that my interests moved from grunge to metal when I heard them. You know, I was a Nirvana fan before too.

5. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

All you've said is absolutely true!

6. westarend

westarend New Member

well , wat ssslayer said is true. times hav moved on, we r way ahead of the times of nirvana.
    anyway, i've heard nirvana did not like pearl jam. does any knows the reason. i had only seen an interview in which kurt mentions it

7. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

yup hav 2 agree with sslayer ,
    just like today itz 50 cent , eminem ,usher and all then it waz COBAIN !

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah exactly ...

currently it is those rap and hip-hop dudes ... whose lyrix are angst ridden ...

9. dirt_nectar

dirt_nectar New Member

Nirvana was awsome in it's own way....their riffs were simple songs were simple...and kurt was ow my gawd awsome....he had got the golden voice can anybody match the angst and pain of his voice .....no.

now moving on to other bands like metallica,pantera...they were unique in their own way....i still enjoy some of their songs...for gutarists grunge is not the genre to play(it's simple).

dark metal bands such as opeth(first and foremost) ,inflames have got the expertise in music which includes well written lyrics and songs have artistic and creative value,the same was somehow absent in nirvanas songs,their songs were not complex at all and you can perform their songs with three members..and no expert guitaring required(i'm saying this 'cause i can play almost every song of nirvana)but to create or write music like kurt did which can be catchy and simple at the same time is very difficult(the ones who don't agree try it sometime).

but for playing opeth full flegedly you need rhythm ,you need leads you need a guy on synth an all that stuff...'cause of the complexity of their songs but thier songs are also awsome.

so thats it guys i started with playing nirvana moved to metallica and now i am trying out Opeth...i love all three bands but nirvana will have special place in my heart 'cause i have a voice somewhat like Kurt and i can relate to him also

R.I.P My darling Kurt

10. dirt_nectar

dirt_nectar New Member

and ow i forget to write about MJ.....um his music is creatively dumb..and i never did like his music very much...although i used to immitate his dancing steps in childhood(i can still moonwalk.....haha).

and yeah i do love children(puns intended hahahahah)

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmm to experience anger, pain, desperation, dilemma listen to My Dying Bride.

and Alice in Chains is the best grunge band. Period.

12. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Michael Jackson will pwn Kurt Cobain any day.

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Michael Jackson pwned Cobain looong back...when Cobain was a kid.

14. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Well said. Cobain got worse as he aged following this formula:
    quality of music = (x+27)*(x-27)
    With x being the age.

15. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Worse? C'mon... In Utero was better then Nevermind.

16. nikeballerx13

nikeballerx13 New Member

nirvana was popular before and i like in bloom/the m an who sold the world/heart shaped box/smells like teen spirit

17. nikeballerx13

nikeballerx13 New Member

dude u gotta be kidding me

18. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

How can 1 even try to compare diff genre.
    Nirvana is gud and it just depends on the kind of music one listens.

19. dirt_nectar

dirt_nectar New Member

Alice in Chains is okay but all their songs are similar.......more of a thrash or something and vocals are also nt better than kurt, though i fully respect their creativity as i am not forced to listen them(thank god!).Try and sing the last part of the song "where did you sleep last night" if you don't agree .i wonder if ppl here are just writing or they understand sumthing.

The comparable vocals are of iron maiden(pitch and scale the guy maintains through out the song is awsome).Opeth(nobody has a fuller throat then him...and the growl....gorgeous).

You got to try them guys they are really really fukin great

20. nihilism

nihilism New Member

i dont know much about the grunge scene but i think nirvana is overated like hell.
    Shit, i could play smells like teen spirit after 2 months of starting to play guitars