did neone spot the 'mistake' in eruption?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by taxyse, May 20, 2005.

1. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

well guys...as u all must be knowing.....eruption wasnt supposed to be on van halen's 1978 album....it was an 'accidental track'.......EVH was just warming up playing eruption (wow...some riff fer just warming up..)...when their manager heard it.....he liked what heard....and thus..quickly got EVH record the solo......
    so as EVH says ..'everytime i hear the solo...i feel like sayin...man i could have played better......there is even a MISTAKE up there..'

i was just wondering....where the hell is that mistake supposed to be......
    although eruption is quite unlike ne song u can spot a mistake in.......does somebody have an idea bout this ??????

2. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

I've heard the acoustic version of eruption and its amazing
    anyone heard that?

3. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

nah i havent heared the acoustic version, if the studio version is anythin to go by then it will certainly be heavenly !!

4. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

thats the greatest guitar song....anyway

5. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

duh...man.....i think i started the thread fer another reason maybe???

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey there cannot be mistake in any kinda music ...

u dont go by rules ...

u go by the ears ... and to me it sound fine ... no "mistakes" - as if it he was playing a cover and was not able to reproduce it exactly ...

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

as in for VH there was a mistake..i.e. he mustve played a note wrong or something as compared to the version he liked to play.
    Personally, I cant see the mistake..either the whole thing is a mistake or none of it is..it aint too musical (only the tapping part sounds good to me)
    PS:..this is a personal opinion.

8. kaiser

kaiser Bored

i read bt the mistake too, but cudnt figure out where it is. btw, the whole thing sounds ****, except for the tapping. wonder why its considered one of the best solos ever......

all hes done is displayed his technical prowess...as a solo, its gives me a headache.

9. shak

shak Harrr!

i agree .. only the tapping lick is worth listening to ..rest of the song is actually a mistake ... his manager was drunk by the way :)