did i get too late???

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by taxyse, May 12, 2005.

1. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

well...this question just struck me like a hammer one day....
    have i been too late in learning the guitar...
    i mean ..i see a lot of ppl on this forum have been playin since years...
    so i just wanted to ask all the pros here the answer to my query..
    is there something i might never gain even with loads n loads of practise.???

this guitaring bug got to me when i saw the guitarist of the naval band produce monstorous applause and fame by just playing 'hotel california'.....
    i used to sing prior to this (i still do.)...i had just turned 17 then....
    i started some exactly 10 months ago....my parents refused to buy a guitar ..or even send me to a teacher..(fer i was preparing fer JEE)...
    so i have been learning frm the internet...with borrowed guitars ....
    there come blank periods during which i dont have a guitar..but i manage somehow...
    i took to rock..n death metal lately...due to this guitaring thing only...cuz fer ppl of jaipur ..these do not exist....
    so thats my story...in short i assume...
    plz do tell me what age u all started playin..or how long u been playin...n does it matter if i started late (other than the fact that i will be 20 by the time i really become a great guitarist..rather than 16 or 17)...

2. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

hey man taxyse,ur story is exactly like me. :beer:
    i started at 16.been prep. for engg exams but i have an accoustic guitar.turned towards rock/metal due to guitar.people in my town think im an alien playin alien music.hey hey.
    been playin for 15 months.
    as to ur questions-there isnt anything tht u would not gain even by loads n loads of practice.u can leave behind :nw: satch i u want to!! :p: :p:
    n ur r never late wenever u take up the guitar.wat matters is tht how u play it after starting it.(this one's frm ananth's post)
    :rockon: :rockon:

3. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

dude..age doesnt matter if u put in the necessary..
    if im not mistaken holdsworth started playin when he was in his 20s.

and lol@ppl applausin the guitarist for the hotel california solo...aactually the solo is pretty cool and would have been pretty cool..if it wasnt covered by every other rock band.

4. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

hey my case is worse....i picked up the guitar 3 yrs back....left in 2 mnths.....all tht time it was gainin rust....picked it up again in december 04....and am learnin since then....i had to change the strings and do a lot of stuff....now im jugglin two jobs and can hardly get anytime to practice it daily...wateva time i can get i devote it to guitar....and yea im 21....

5. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

well....thnks ppl...that really was a booster fer me...
    and by the way....i think i really did get too late....not in learning the guitar...but in postin this ques.....just after i had posted this thread....i saw there was an exaclty similar one already posted ...lol...
    but plz do take some time to right ur views here also ,all those who wrote there...

and yeah...i dont know what the **** was so cool bout playing that california song....i learnt that after i had learnt all the open chords....that is to say...some 15 days after i picked up the guitar...

6. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

and rust in pain....ur story IS really like mine man....keep up the good work..he he

7. rust_in_pain

so did u get into IIT?

8. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

i hear mark knopfler started only at 15

9. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

naah...i ****ed up my studies....tell u what....my teachers said until last year..i would make into top 50.....and then...all due to some 'bizzare' incidents (some personal...some not)...i got in a 'bad state'...dint enjoy studies...left my texts.....used to do just one thing...practise ptactise and practise on my guitar.....
    uh well...i dont know whats gonna happen now.....but i still dont feel like doin nethin....except u know what......n the worst part is....it has now been 2 months since i played a 6 string....man i feel like i am chokin....i pick up the mopper and try n move my fingers up and down as fast as possible........(ew...i must sound stupid.).........
    neways...i think i better stop .....otherwise the threads gonna take a different route...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    no wonder i like death metal
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. fizz

fizz New Member

Taxyse where u frm, its been a year ive been playin every1 starts at a certain time there is no too late or too early its just whenever

11. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

:rock: ..::::Rock n' Roll Baby::::.. :rock:
    :rock: :rock: Thats all about it. :rock: :rock:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

12. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

right o akkyy...ROCK ON is the mantra
    am frm jaipur,india... fizz

13. rust_in_pain

man taxyse ...r u my clone?????.....i got ****ed in studies too....ive given 12th...now decided to study seriously..u do tha same n best of luck!!!

14. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

ho ho...man like we shoudl start a band together buddy......a copy of 'them clones'.....lol

15. rust_in_pain

surely we will end up in some engg college so why not make it the same?hehe

16. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

yep...just choose which one...lol

17. rust_in_pain

PM me bout ur details which year r u givin and all tht...