D'iadro Strings ! Are They Really Good ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Chirag, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Chirag

Chirag New Member

I have a hovner guitar . yday i went to Furtados to look out for some good quality strings . They showed me DIADRO strings which were imported . the cost was 250 -300 Rs. and they were in 3 different guages.

Are they really good ? will they improve the sound ? which guage should i buy?

2. Gretsch

Gretsch New Member

Is that for an acoustic or electric guitar? I've used D'iadro strings on my acoustic and I didn't mind them too much. At present, I've got Dean Markley strings and they're pretty decent. I'm not too sure if they are avaliable in India though. But saying that my acoustic is not the best of guitars anyway so I don't really care what sort of strings go on it.

I have used local Indian strings on my acoustic and absolutely hated them. The difference between those strings and D'iadro one were world's apart (Although it was on a classical guitar). They were a cheap set (about Rs 100ish or there abouts).

If it's for an electric, if you can get your hands on Rickenbaker strings, you will not regret it (but these strings are impossible to find)

In terms of Guage I like 11 guage best.

3. Chirag

Chirag New Member

Thanks

Thanks . i have an acoustic guitar . btw , what is the cost of Dean Markley strings ? my budget is Rs. 300 . n its had 3 guages . Low , medium and high . which one should i go for ?

4. I Use D Darrios For My Electric And Use The Simple Karuna Ones For My Acoustic.......r U Sure The Strings For Acoustic Will Cost U That Much Coz The Electric Light Gauge Cost Me 250 Bucks....
    Karuna Or Reynolds I Think Are Good Enough Quality For My Acoustic..they Wont Last As Long .....but Decent Enough...
    Well Its Just My 2 Bucks Worth Of Advice...

5. Chirag

Chirag New Member

g

Wont last as long ?? how long do they last ? sorry i am asking u a lot of questions but i want to be absolutely sure b4 i buy those.

6. last long ..i mean in terms of sound quality and corrosion...
    and its okay to ask questions....i change my strings on the acoustic every one or one and a half month...karuna light gauge acoustic should mawimum cost u arnd 100 bucks....the actual price is only rupees 42 ...but in mumbai ull have to shell out a lot more...anyway....if u can afford the expensive ones buy it ..and then go on to try the karuna ones after ur done with the expensive ones....and then decide..ultimately its ur choice..all the best

7. Gretsch

Gretsch New Member

I'd go for medium guage.

As for Dean Markley strings, I'm not too sure if I've seen them in India. OVer here, they are about the same prioce as the D'iarro's. So if you find them, I'm guessing they would be around the same price.

As to what strings you get, Dimebag's advice is the best - get both strings and see which you prefer. I know it's an expensive gamble but is the only real way you'll know which you prefer.