Desperate Help Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ankiittt, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ankiittt

ankiittt New Member

its almost bin a year...still i havnt learnt even the basics of guitar...altho internet is proving to b a great help but its all very confusing....different sites show different techniques....n u cant choose which 1's the best....which makes it a big mess....i tried a tutor...bt it dint work out well....even after all dis...i hav the same passion(or maybe more) for guitar as it used 2 be a year back....i can play some songs....like aadat(intro),humko sirf tumse pyaar hai,dil ko pehli baar hua n sum 7-8 more ....i can play them quite fluently(its almost bin a year now)..n chords- ve just picked up...bt i dont kno WHERE 2 start from....PLEASE HELP MEEEE!!!!!.....ne suggestion wud do...u may just name the songs that r gud for me at this stage...i don wanna waste much tym of urs....bt plz guide me...tabs n chords both will do....

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Don't know much about guitar man cause i'm a keyboard player, but i can tell you this, if you know what the basics are, then you should practice, practice and practice man, cause thats the way to be a good musician!!!
    So what you have to practice, i'm sure the many guitarplayers here can tell you more about that, but keep in mind, the more you'll practice the more you will improve your guitarplaying. And every musician has to practice as much as they can, in my opinion every day!!!!
    Good luck man!!!

3. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

relax dude ,
    start with the chords and scales,
    make a point to learn two new chords every week,
    of course don't go too far,
    just major min 7th and dim and if u wish aurgumented,

practise scales major minor pentonic try 2-3 diffrent positions on the fretboard of the same scale.
    download a chord dictionary software,or better buy one in book form.

then go on to learn leads and chord strum patterns of songs u like,
    and don't skip a song until u've mastered it.

4. ankiittt

ankiittt New Member

i'd rily lyk to thank both of u....i kno it takes a lot of practice to master it....n i'm willing to give it whatever it takes...till now i dint have the correct vision...i think ll follow both of u guys advice...master what uve started n for that practice to the extent of it.......

5. supernic

supernic New Member

I think the problem is not correct technique... Choose the one you in which feel most comfortable... and stick to it. Confusion is the greatest enemy of learning anything...

And practice for at least 2 hrs. a day with full concentration.

6. 6stringer

6stringer New Member

Folks, SRV is one in a million who created his own style with out knowing to read a single line of music or with out a formal education. But we cannot be that. Hence first step is to find a good teacher who can teach you music - scales, notations, technique and also educate you on good listening matter...If you had to go to school to be able to write on this forum, it is no different than going to a guitar school to be able to play like a decent pro. FIND A TEACHER.

7. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

songs songs songs..learn as many songs as you can, just dont leave anything half done...
    and do some finger exercises

thepacifist2013 likes this.