Deperately looking for an old Acoustic guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by powerguy, Jul 15, 2005.

1. powerguy

powerguy New Member

Hi Everyboby
    I am just a starter and have taken uo guitar classes . I am a software engineer by profession but have enthu to learn guitar
    I am desperately looking our for an old acoustic guitar for around 500-800 rupees as i wana buy new one in 2 montsh as my instructor suggests
    But i really want to practice at home and want an old guitar to play at home
    If anybody wants to sell his old one can you please contact me at 9819359176
    I am placed in mumbai
    Thanks a lot
    Powerguy
    Guys come forward and help me out with thsi thing

2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

buy a new one right away .. will cost u arnd 2-2.5k . as far as possible buy a jumbo body guitar coz it sounds much better

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

normally ppl dont sell their first acoustic - they always keep it for tp - u might want to call up bhargavas at metro - they sometimes keep old acoustics..

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Buy a new one. Playing on poor guitar will curtain your learning. Buy yourself a good playing one. Preferably take some guitarist along with you and ask him to check it up for you. There are tons of Bombay guys in this forum who can help you in that.

5. deathdr_87

if ur in south bbay - i can land up at furtados - else ask around if ur in suburbs - im sure ull find someone...

either ways - if ur ready to buy new - go for a hobner acoustic (around 2-3k) or a granada (theyre a little expensive but better).

6. powerguy

powerguy New Member

Thanks

hi everybody
    Thanks a lot deathdr_87 , ronnieanand and nemo
    I did fo to furtados but they didnt have a old one...there was one ehich she said would give at 10% dicount which was damaged a bit , i mean the box but i was not interested...
    I called up at bhargavas too but even they dont deak in old ones so i thought wud take help of u guys to find me one
    i do wan buy a nrew one but my teacher saus u wud surely spoil it so waut for 2 months but i really wana start it soon at home daily so want a old one...
    do let me know more views what u guys say

7. aysh

buy a new one.. im sure u wont be tugging at the strings with ur teeth so i guess it shudnt get spoiled :) serioulsy whats there to spoil .. just make sure you keep it in a proper way. and yeah 10% discount is just not worth it. if ure spending spend properly and geta new one itself dude . u wont be changing guitars that often trust me

8. ronnieanand

Go kick your teacher's butt for saying that as a beginner you will end up screwing your guitar. Unless you are insane enough to put in your guitar in rain or bang it on the floor nothing will happen to it. My guitars have taken enough abusal or banging on the walls whenever I walk with it and I have even accidentally dropped it several times. Nothing goes wrong.

9. powerguy

powerguy New Member

Hey Guys atlast got one
    One of my friend returned form US and he bought an acoustic and an electric ome for himself so i bought the acoustic one form him
    the brand is
    Carlo robelli ( i am not sure is this a good one)
    Sounds good one of my guitarist friend played it
    I just have a doubdt is this a semi acustic one becoase it has one output socket i guess for amplifier , and buttons for adjustment of bass,miss,treble,preset and volume...
    Is this semi acoustic and is it gud for a begiiner....
    Do reply guys

10. ronnieanand

Dont know about the brand but the features surely look cool. Especially an onboard EQ.

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

oh ... how i wish i cuddve laid my hands on semi acoustic ...

usually they sound real nice ...

12. powerguy

powerguy New Member

13. deathdr_87

the second link is broekn... pls. post the model number of the guitar... if ud like - i can check it out - im always there to help guys in bbay out...

if u caould post a valid link thaqtll also help..

14. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Ronnie: "abusal" - slip of the tongue eh! *smile*grin*

Death - Hey buddy! The second Link is a Carlo Robelli...never heard of it. But amazon's been pushing chinese guitars like mad! Chinese with a spanish name!! haha!

15. powerguy

powerguy New Member

16. powerguy

powerguy New Member

Carlo Robelli W-4102EQ Acoustic/Electric Guitar
    Other products by Carlo Robelli

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Description

The W-4102EQB is proof positive that you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars to get a great sounding acoustic/electric guitar. Everything about this instrument looks, feels and sounds like guitars costing much more. This guitar sounds great plugged or unplugged. Start with the select spruce top - essential for great acoustic tone - ringing highs and full-bodied lows. The rosewood fingerboard plays fast and easy and the built-in EQ-505R preamp lets you tailor your sound to suit your style with volume, bass, mid and treble controls. The battery check is a nice added feature. The W-4102EQ looks great as well thanks to the beautiful transparent black finish with binding on the neck and body. Sealed chrome tuners complete the package.

17. aysh

in my opinion u got a really good guitar. cant really say abt the price though ..
    so congrats and play hard !! :)

18. powerguy

powerguy New Member

thanks nemo
    ya trying to play it now.....

19. ray198

ray198 New Member

Carlo Robelli W-4102EQ

Hi Powerguy,

I hope you are enjoying your new guitar. FYI, the Carlo Robelli name is licensed exclusively for Sam Ash. Sam Ash is a large and reputable musical instument company based in NYC. They have a very large store in the Times Square area and are well respected by professional and amatuer musicians alike. I am sure Sam Ash would not represent this manufacturer unless it was of excellent quality.

Enjoy it!

20. .:VinAY:.

.:VinAY:. New Member

i agree wih Ray...Sam Ash does a lot of promotion for Carlo Robelli...u can visit their websitif u want more info https://www.samash.com/