Delhi excels in misbehaviour

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jan 14, 2007.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Lack of urbaneness has been found among Delhiites with a survey saying many of the denizens excel in spitting, littering, misbehaviour and using abusive language.

The survey on 'Human Behaviour in Public Places', conducted by students of the Anthropology Department of Delhi University, also found that encroachment on roads and other public land was a normal scene in most of the posh market areas in the city.

In Meher Chand Market, close to Lodhi Road in south Delhi, within a span of 40 minutes, the surveyor saw 19 people, including 18 men and a woman, who spat on the road.

Similarly, another student, who surveyed the Chandni Chowk area, came across 49 people spitting in public places. They included 48 men and a woman.

"We have been surveying human behaviour in public places of Delhi for the last three years. We do not find a remarkable change in their attitude," head of the department P C Joshi, under whose guidance the survey was undertaken, said.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Delhiites_excel_in_misbehaviour_Survey/articleshow/1174915.cms

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I think the same would apply to Mumbai, Calcutta, Bangalore or Chennai. Indians simply lack a sense of civic duty / pride.

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

lol that spitting part reminds me of thefact that in china - shanghai out of 20 people walking on any road i would say 19 would spit on the road , 14 would be wearing their nghtdress to either go to supermarket or buy stuffs ....lucky though they dont excel in the other 3 criteria lol ie , littering, misbehaviour and using abusive language

for the article lol now its mera delhi mahaan lol where is ansh??

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i can promise you the people who are the culprits in delhi are also the ones who do the spitting and abusing in mumbai and calcutta. chennai thankfully is geographically far from those indians. some people just cant be civilized.

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Very trve. Although banglore and chennai are an inch ahead.

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

aye, the geographical saparation i spoke of.

7. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I think this woman was in on the whole thing and was brought in to try and put women on the graph :p:

8. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

What a lousy way to state a fact.Are delhites supposed to be proud of it?

9. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

agree.
    why is delhi being targetted alone??
    its the same in every city...be it mumbai or anyplace...

TOI ki maa ki....

10. ^ bus dikha di delhi wali aaukat.. :p

BubblyMartini and jamhead like this.
  11. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

https://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Delhi#Administration_and_people

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Mumbai > Dilli > Hyderabad

:cool:

13. anshphenomenon

im proud to be a dilliwaala:grin:

14. payncho tum log kabhi nahin sudroge.... :p

15. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

Hahaha.nice joke bro!!!
    No one needs to spit in chennai..all place is anyway littered and garbage dumped everywhere...even the posh places are not spared.:p:
    I had stayed in Teynampet for 4 months and left due to the stench there..every canal is open and the aroma is like ...wow..i m breezing thru shit..
    So it hardly matters if anyone spits there or not...it wont make any difference

16. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Payncho....maacho....rancho....teri maa di aankh

17. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

rancho ???

18. anshphenomenon

raja aur rancho???

the_wizard and notty_lad like this.
  19. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell