Delhi Bombings

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by sukrut, Sep 13, 2008.

1. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

really sad to see the sight on tv....at least 18killed and 90 injured was the last update.....

the sadder thing is tha these things keep happening repeatedly and the government has done nothing to ensure otherwise......

any delhites here who were near the bomb sites?

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I bet you're wishing you'd read those 10 lines more in the other thread now.

If you had a brain, you'd realize that what I quoted isn't true. Seriously, start thinking a little about issues more important than spam in guitar tab threads.

And please please tell me what steps you'd take to ensure "otherwise" as you put it.

3. CARLOS SANTANA

CARLOS SANTANA New Member

came out of gk-1 just b'4 10 mins.
    4bombs diffused till now.

4. augur

augur I love bjr

Damn. They missed Carlos Santana.

"Play that guitar carlos santana" Na nana na na na. *makes o face* nunun na nanaa.... *cums*

5. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

I hope they got angel of sin atleast.

6. augur

augur I love bjr

Aren't they the same person?

7. nazr

No no...the angel guy is far more annoying.

8. augur

augur I love bjr

So given a choice you would choose Carlos? Duuuuudeeeeeeee.

Say it ain't so.

I'm not implying that I like angel more than mr o-face.

9. nazr

Given a choice i 'd like them to get me.

10. augur

augur I love bjr

...so you don't have to live in the same world as angel and o-face?

Whenever I read about kids killing themselves for things like not getting to watch tv or some other stupid thing I hope it's someone from the IGT.

11. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

otherwise implies that the government can invest more money in intelligence agencies than in thier pockets.....also if they found a way to co-ordinate with other dependable intelligence agencies that would help decrease the terror rate.....

at this current rate its quite scary.....you never know where they'll strike next......gangsters were ok cuz at the most they used to kill guys of thier breed......but terrorists act like cowards and attack innocent people...

12. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

and you think the what i said wasnt true?? could you please explain!

btw i read your post just now.....didnt find much info there....

13. augur

augur I love bjr

The sooner you accept the fact that politicians don't care about you the better

You get your facts from Ram Gopal Verma's movies don't you? Are you naive or are you just a sheltered little kid?

14. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

i already acceptedthe fact......im just saying that they should stop doing that......im sure they wont.....but just putting my view through...

2nd comment:- im niether.....
    actually i watch something called news and documentaries.....im sure you just take in the literal meaning of what i say...

15. augur

augur I love bjr

Ofcourse I will if you make a stupid statement such as that.

I'm off for now my loves.

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Do me a favour and stop watching the news. It'll be better for all us if more people did that.

What makes you think the government has done nothing to try and pre-empt these attacks? You're sounding like another ****ing reporter on Aaj Tak trying to sound grave and dramatic with a 0.2 second clip being looped in the background (I wonder if they actually realize how ridiculous they sound?)

Can the government do more than they are currently doing?

Yes.

Are they doing almost nothing to try and prevent these bombings?

No.

Do you realize the magnitude of the task you're expecting them to fulfill unfailingly?

I doubt it. Judging by the way you whine normally, you're probably going to be the first one to make a thread online complaining about how the police harassed you on your way to a rock concert. If you're talking about security checks throughout the city at all major cities, I think you're going to need a few million more recruits than you can get.

In my opinion, Intelligence agencies can only accomplish so much. Beyond that, it is almost impossible to stop terrorism at the stage where they're planting a bomb.

I'm really interested in knowing what steps you'd take. Please explain a little more.

Which intelligence would you reccomend for this task?

and why do you think that the government isn't in touch with these agencies you speak of? is it because they don't have money? I don't think so. Regardless of how much they pocket, the government has enough money to spend.

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

and seriously, about the gangster comment....wtf?

18. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

i agree terrorism cannot be stopped........

but at the same time we dont have enough technologies to really do anything.....i dont know what tech our country uses but im sure its not comparable to some other counties......sad thing is we have money almost comparable to the same countries.....

after reading my own post i do agree that i sounded like the aaj tak guy....

and what about the gangster comment??? i just thought it would make nice reading and get some replies which im sure it will.......

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

More than technologies, you have to understand the situation. Which countries are you talking about here?

If it's the US and Europe, you have to understand that they are largely isolated from the terrorist world being seperate continents. We, on the other hand, share borders with Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh all 3 of whom are hubs of anti-Indian sentiment. For the 1st world, it's just a matter of strict vigil on airports and docks. It's a lot harder when you share borders and the government on the other side is behind the terrorism.

Of course, that doesn't mean we can't do anything. I think we can take a leaf out of the US book and start hitting terrorist camps inside Pakistani territory for a start. Considering that we've known about their existence far longer than the US, I think it's criminal that we haven't done something about them. Of course, there would've been a lot more political backlash than there has been for the US but it, like the nuclear tests, would've been worth it.

As for the gang comment, just explain what you mean...I think I understood it the same way as Augur because I agree with what he's said about it.

20. theblur

theblur New Member

hey.. u guys u wudn't believe it.. but delhi is turning out to b a lot more happenin for me.. in a very sad way.. jst this evenin i ws at CP.. had gone to deposit my coachin fee..i ws jst 200 m away from d explosion site..d bomb went jst outside d inner circle(dunno exactly) but i cud see d smoke clearly.. n guess wat d sound f d explosion is totally different from wat they show in d movies... its very very basssy.. kind of shakes things up around u...

i ws on d phone talkin to one my frenz..n jst den i heard it...d truth is i ws confused.. i sort of hung up for a minute.. n den i told her.. did u hear dat.. she said" wat??" maine kaha.. dint u hear.. dat ws a bomb.. n she said dat i ws kiddin..n den i saw d smoke n ppl running.. dat ws enuff to explain..

jo pehla auto dikha.. i took it..he asked for 200 bucks n i said tu yahan se chal.. baat baad mein... m still not rite in d head.. its weird.. i cud'v died out there today... but seriously.. weird.. ppl died!!