deletion of users

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by somendra_guitar, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

dear neo,
    i have a suggestion 4 u ppl (admin/mods)
    u should delete all the users which are not active 4 a certain time as it is in yahoo & all......
    the time might be longer say 6 months.
    plz reply to this suggestion!!!

2. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

Better would be to disable the account and send the email to their register address with link to their portal.

If they access it once within 7 days, we can enable the account or delete it alltogether.

3. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

All the thread and posts by these users will not be deleted but be owned by Admin.

4. shak

shak Harrr!

owned by admin? what the hell is that suppose to mean? i mean if they worked hard on some tabs and posted them .. there post will be "owned" by admin just becuz they didnt signed in for 6 months? why cant there post be left as it is ....
    and that idea of deleting in-active members isnt very good either .. i mean they arent doin any harm are they? they are just there ..lying around ... but i aint the admin ... just thought that this is a really loser idea of owning the threads ..so i thought i'll speak ma mind ..
    i'll shut up now

5. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

We had already discussed this before, deleting user is not a good idea. User can be being active anytime, what is the point deleting users? There will be no deleting users!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.