Defination of Love..

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by nimisha, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nimisha

nimisha .:Forum Leader:.

recentaly Garima posted this new poem..about..her own perception of love..
    that thread in the poetry furum...lead to discussions about love.. which i wud like to continue here..:cool:

the basic question is..

is it possible to define love in the words??
    if yes..what is ur defination of love??

reply wit all ur imagination.. be creative.. be funny..
    let me know ur views..but no spamming plzzzzz..:rock:

for me..i say...

Defination of love: Love is only thing in this world which can not be defined

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

3. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Then why are you looking for a definition?

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I think Hobbes defined love better than anyone else.

5. godfather

godfather New Member

well i wud define luv as IMPATIENCE,DESIRE,UNDERSTANDING,COMPROMISES,ATTRACTION,maybe a lil JEALOUSY,ATTRACTION and POSSESSIVENESS...
    i think love is also

Loss
    Of
    Valuable
    Energe

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

^it can also be

Lots
    Of
    Volatile
    Energy

7. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

ok my opinion abt love( well if what u meant was the love one have for ones soulmate n so on; ie not brother sister love )lol

love= just hormones

love according to

1. teenagers - infactuation, crush , $ex (no proper definition for them)
    2. grown up- a desperate need to either fill the void in their income tax form abt spouse or simply to enjoy free $ex
    3.old people -poor them they still have to endure the punishment they inflicted upon themselves either when they were teenagers or in their 30s

so i guess i dont really believe in love

what i believe is that life is a compromise

love to me is

1.trust
    2.compromise
    3.$ex

8. vish_1977

vish_1977 New Member

Love is what makes you try and give the benefit of the doubt to the other person even when you know that the other person is wrong. Love is when you try to smile and say yes when all you want to do is scream and say no. Love is the foresight of pain and suffering which you try and enthusiastically undertake because you know that out of all the chaos, the togetherness will rescue you. Love is confusing sometimes, rubs out the line which differentiates between right and wrong, black and white and shoves you into the grey where all you can see is compromise. Love is difficult, you tend to it for 5 years and see nothing come out of it, tend to it for 25 years and then you see that its your life. Thats just kind of like my opinion no statements.

9. cheetah21

cheetah21 New Member

it is a physiologic condition generated by a stimulus leading to the
    release of various neurotransmitters likePEA (which is also called as love hormone) in the central nervous system
    along with activation of sympathetic nervous systen

10. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

^^ eggjacticaly

just hormones

11. cheetah21

cheetah21 New Member

spy game.. i concur to you

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

What i meant on the other thread was that i disagree completely with the "only".

But as always, people fall into predicted patterns of not understanding what i'm talking about.

13. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

dunno .... r u luking for a generic defination (i mean love for mom, dad, bro ,sis ..blah blah or dhuk dhuk waala).

someone told me. Loss of valuable energy.. i dunno

Love is the only thing which binds each n evry thing together (most importantly the feelings and body)

14. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Its when the forces of attraction put your control of your bowels to the test.

15. shsnawada

^^ Bowels and computer ethics. (clicking and typing at the right times)

16. shsnawada

Spamming is:

Posting useless comments in order to increase post count.

Creating useless threads.

Flamming / posting derogatory comment.

Hijacking a thread.

Leaving one word replies.

Posting something not related to the original topic.

etc

We do not have time or the patience to explain each and every instances of spam

17. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

You, my friend, just posted the same exact post in TWO different threads. Therefore....YOU SPAMMED! AHAHAHAHAHA

18. shsnawada

I was trying to mod in, as no mods are here today. And whoever fell for that can be called an auxillary banana eater. (bananarana)

talk about late reactions. :p:

19. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

someone told me theirs no "i" no "u" but only a "V" in love.....{did'nt understand ;) }....only place i see love is when guys fight fot their GF's...saale .......funny thing is most girls dont even know they love them..
    but love certainly has something to do with care
    i belive "if u care 4 any person, do it without any demand or returns"
    abhi tak laveriyaa nahi huaa na ;)

20. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

first of all, love is not restricted to anything.....
    u know, media and movies and all, they have created a misunderstanding about what love really is.....it is not just restricted to a boy and a girl....it is something much more than that..... it haseth no boundries, no chains.....itz not like restricted to a person of the opposite gender, u can love anyone....your guitar, your country, your parents....etc, etc.
    u must not expect anything in return, just love on....
    and finally, love is a VERB, NOT A FEELING(please dont get me wrong.....i do not mean what u think:grin:).....u can always feel for somebody, but unless u are not doing anything good for their good, u are not loving them.....
    and that....is what i think...is love:cool::beer:
    EDIT:::read the quote in my signature:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.