Defection to Perplexion

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by yazi, Mar 1, 2007.

1. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey man i have an ESP. As such its an amazing guitar but as i have a higher model i cant talk a lot abt the mh-50. Ok as far as i know that the lower end models are good as long as u get the right one. cuase u see ESP has got this tendency to not setup the guitar properly or there could be minor adjustments if required but other then that i have not seen anyother complaints. And the pickups are not as bad as the Ibanez. they are decent for rock music. ttrust me.

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

nope dude...no one has turned up for the Ibanez....sad thing...lol...the service is pretty good...no complaints.....and im not eyeing esps....im eyeing schecters

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

^^ im also about to buy an electric guitar in a months time.... i had been eyeing epiphones but i saw schecters and they are amazing... may even end up buying one if i can find em... they come with active emg's for a very nominal price

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

aye aye....schecter ftw!...

5. yazi

yazi Banned

schecters, Where do u get one in India?

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Glam had one of the best guitarists.....

Reb Beach, C C Deville, Ritchie Kotzen, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Eddie Van Halen Ace Frehley, John Sykes, Slash.....Glam Metal was not just Make Up Metal....It was more a Flambouyant Metal.....

7. yazi

yazi Banned

I agree. Glam was just a phase where they tried to create statues of gods and not only aura. BTW, its not totally dead. Changed to a horrendous form, yes, take Slipknot.

8. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

You forgot Dimebag Darrel. Pantera was glam before it was Groove/Thrash. And Ritchie Kotzen :nw:

But the songs and the look should still DIE!

9. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Ahem... how things change...

Y do u want a new guitar? Schecters are great guitars, but they're not for everyone. Try and play one before u buy.

10. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Nowhere I know... I remember bajaao quoting around 30K for a Damien FR some time back.

11. yazi

yazi Banned

This country has no future.....

Or should I say, " This country will change, we will change this"- RDB

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ibanez sit on their asses for very long....but in the end they left me happy...as for schecters...u might have to get rel8ives to get em down.....

13. thehundredthone

I first read that as real lives, bwahahah!

:RollLol:

But why this continuous GAS? In the end your guitar should be more about playability and tone than looks, not

Because when you get better, it will bite your ass.

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

cmon man...its gonna take a pro to tell the difference between guitars

15. thehundredthone

^ Mahogany and ash have different sounds (comparatively, agreed that I won't be able to name a wood when I hear the sound)

I'm not saying that the difference matters much, but there is a lot that goes along with the wood. I doubt someone would make a guitar with a set neck using plywood. There is a difference in the sound of a good guitar and a bad guitar.

But the biggest thing is playability - if you can't play it, you can't make it sound good.

16. Double Click

Double Click New Member

What made u say that?

17. thehundredthone

Eric Johnson claims he can hear the tonal difference when he's using Duracell AA's :shock:

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

thats cus he's eric johnson = pro...tell me thehundred...can u tell the difference if there were two guitars with identical specs but just different body wood...

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Forget about that..even two guitars made to exact same specs with same type of wood can be different sounding, every piece of wood varies. So, just pick up a particular guitar and play it and see what it does for you. Of course, none of us have that chance of trying out various things and usually order based on reviews/internet myths alone. So, the point is ...although these debates are pointless, it is all we forum gear geeks have to go by:p:

And Eric Johnson = Crazy Tone Freak..others haven't been reported to be like that.

20. thehundredthone

@laneymaney: Rather than just not trying to discern the differences why not try to understand bright and dark tone? With that you will get some idea as to how different wood sounds. It is sometimes subtly different but never the same.

If you can make out the difference between a neck and bridge pickup, and maybe a single coil and humbucker; then you can soon enough differentiate between woods (to the extent that you can say it's not the same wood).

I have never said that Agathis is a bad wood. I haven't heard it. I've only heard (and I mean over extended time), bad hardwood, Mahogany and Teakwood. And I can assure you that Givson's sound quite bad (more importantly they play bad too).