Defection to Perplexion

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by yazi, Mar 1, 2007.

1. yazi

yazi Banned

I am planning to get one of the following:

1. Ibanez SA120
    2. ESP MH-50

Trouble is I have never touched one of them( though I have played higher models earlier). And I am gonna buy through bajaao.com. So, HELP!

P.S: Only guitar reviews (Nothing else intentioned) :))

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

dont know about other 2 but ive played a rg321 at a local shop. it has a 5 way switch which brings versitality to the tone but the pickups arnt hot enough... also the action was a bit high. for the price its ok. why dont u consider squire stagemaster series... its better than the rg

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

oh!! you already removed the rg!!!!!!!!

4. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

If I was spending that much money, I'd buy the squier stagemaster for 16.5k.

Dont know abt the ESP, but I've played on the Ibanez SA120, and SA260FM, the 260 was decent, but the 120 felt too 'low end' for the price.

5. yazi

yazi Banned

Bad news, I already owned a Squier and am a prowd owner of a pretty costly Fender. So no more strats for me. :)

P.S:- I am getting into metal

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

then i guess if you can shell out a few grands you can buy the rg350dx or 370dx.. both are decent for metal....

7. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

^ what he said. I own an RG320FM, its lovely.

8. yazi

yazi Banned

What about ESP? I seem to love them.

9. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i say stay away frm mh 50 .... it is made out of agathis which is a poor quality of wood so it waont have a good tone

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:-s
    Is it like playing on Fender robs any ability to play metal?
    :-s

11. yazi

yazi Banned

No, it robs the ability of showing off :))

12. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

if you own a COSTLY FENDER then what do you want more to show off!!!!

13. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Showing off should come from playing............

Otherwise, you can wear lipsticks, dress in pink and do a colourful hairdo.....

14. thehundredthone

thehundredthone New Member

^ Not Hair Metal/Glam Metal Ronnie... that should be left to DIE!! :annoyed:

The MH-50 isn't going to give you "bad tone", not when you're playing high gain metal :)

You might not want a trem, it's not a requirement for metal (think Zakk Wylde, Metallica, Trivium, etc.) The 321MH is a nice guitar.

15. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Between the 2 choices the ESP is better than the SA120 anyday.. The MH50 does have an agathis body so the tone will be discernibly different (i dont wanna say bad/good).. but for heavy stuff it should do pretty well.. besides you already seem to be heavily in favour of the 'image' of the guitar.. so the ESP is good enough!!

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

meh....wood and tone quality can bite my ass...its not like he needs a kickass guitar....hes already got the fender...as for the MH50....its a lil high priced on bajaao.com...but u cant get better in India. So probably you should buy that guitar...:). Are you gonna change pups in the future?

17. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

^^ He should.. after a while!!!!!

18. yazi

yazi Banned

To that I say, I have already got my eyes fixed on EMGs for my ESP. (OOPS, I AM SUPPOSED TO BE UNBIASED STILL!) But I kind of like its charm. Isn't there anyplace I can try 'em out.

PLUS, laney, did you get that ESP you wanted? Or you still stuck on that Ibanez? And if yes, tell me about their customer service(post sales).

P.S:- Ronnie, I am buying a new Lakme fashion kit.

19. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Wait another month or so.... by then, laney'll prolly be desperate enough to sell u his Ibanez for half the price of a new one. Put in the EMGs, dye ur hair, scream like a girl and voila!! A hair metal star will be born.

20. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

This is the best reply in this thread:p:

Sometimes its just not music...or guitars..its jus wits;)