DEEP PURPLE coming to INDIA!!!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by alpha1, Nov 20, 2006.

1. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

Dec 2007....awe...such a long wait

2. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I have seen that show... I did not like his attitude either.,Throwing the Jug of water.... But that us not what I am talking about.. What I am saying is Deep Purple is not Deep Purple any more..It is like a toatly different band. And I am not just talking abouth Blackmore. I am also talking abouth Jon Lord's absence.. and Ian Gillans struggel to sing.. He cant give that same performance he gave until a decade ago.It does not sound like DEEP PURPLE. It is a great band but it is not Deep Purple.. thats all I am saying. I was ther for that first show that DEEP PURPLE performed in India in Mumbai 95.. And they ROCKED, it was far by one of the best shows I have seen live,--- If not the BEST, and Steve Morse rocked so did JON Lord Ian Pace Ian Gillan and Roger Glover.....and above alll they soundd like DEEP PURPLE. BUT THAT IS HISTORY.

3. petermasc

petermasc New Member

dude all the guys have their age they into their 60's steves nudging his 50's.gillian does not scream so much as he used to .do they still do child in time? ive been their fan from the time i started listin to rock. the made in japan album is must have.and for the record ..........blackmore :nw: was the godfather of shred not malmsteen,he was stubborn arrogant and difficult to work with..........but that's part of what gave him charisma :rock: - he was for real....he never faked it.one thing that i did not like about the band was its frequent line up changes.the mark II lineup was the best.steve morse is best for his own 'steve morse band' not deep purple,post ritchie their albums were pretty tame.

4. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I am not disagreeing with you Peter.... I understand the fact that they are in their 60's...and they must be realy drained out, Infact I would love to give Ian Gillan a standing Oviation,I am not Q their huge TALENT. All I am saying is they dont sound like DEEP PURPLE. Its sounds like another band. Anmd that is why I dont care how many times they come, to India. For the records.. DEEP PURPLE is my All Time fav Band.. I love many bands.. but none as much as DEEP PURPLE..... I think Tommy Bolin did a good job on the albums ( though he blew up his stage performance). Infact I have liked most of the DEEP Purple line ups.. Even the line ups with Stev Morse and Tommy Bolin but nothing as much as MK2. I have high regards for Don Airey .. his works with Black Sabbath,Ozzy Ozbourne, Rainbow ext rock. I loved that 95 show od Deep Purple that I attended, that had Stev Morse...and they sounded like Deep Purple minus BLACKMORE.
    My only complain is they dont sound like Deep Purple....They sound great and will still put all the Pinkin Larks ext ext to major shame but not like DEEP PURPLE.

5. petermasc

petermasc New Member

i have read that tommy bolin could not handle live shows........during solos he used to stop get pissed at the crowd etc etc he was completely different from blackmore.tommy bolid eventuallt died of a drug overdose.in some songs in the post j. lord albums airley & morse try to sond like lord/ritchie ...........dont know why.

6. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

SPOT on Tommy Bolin... infact in my prevous post I did remark abouth Bolin's Live performance.. But his work in the Album Come and Meet the band was great. It was unfortunate both for him and the band that he blew it up..
    No matter how much Morse and Airey try to sound like Ricthie-Lord they wont.. And I think they should probaly not try to do that.. They should be them selves, Probably they would sound not just Great but PHENOMINAL; just like in all their other works.

7. petermasc

petermasc New Member

its 'come taste the band'

8. dr.vivek

dr.vivek New Member

oh my god friend

9. Gerold1987

Gerold1987 New Member

Êàçàõñòàí.............ûûûûûûû