DEEP PURPLE coming to INDIA!!!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by alpha1, Nov 20, 2006.

1. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

Pay for flight tickets to come to bangaluroo (is that how you spell it?)? Nah... Deep Purple aren't all that special.

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Most of the guys in the Bangalore rock scene are all students who hardly turn up for any of those gigs..Very rarely you will find a student who paid Rs.1000 for the Satriani gig. Bands coming here has nothing to do with the Rock Scene or Music Scene here which frankly sucks big time. There's a lot of software engineers making a lot of money and have tremendous spending potential. Only in Bangalore you will find people with middle class background are such big time spend thrifts.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hahaha, if that was the case, then why is Frank Gambale ignoring Bangalore?
    :p:
    Frank Gambalke can pwn anyone's ass.

4. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

Bangalore have produced some great musicians with lights of Konark Reddy(Steve Vai's Senior in Berkely yeah i aint kiddin),roberto narayan etc and Millinieum the first Band to exist in India..Anyways ill be goin For the Deep concert since thats the topic of Discussion lets end it der..no issues

5. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

So the point is students in Other cities can Spend money for concerts gimme a break.

6. ronnieanand

Whoever told you that Millenium was the first band to exist in India. India had a Rock Scene as early as the 1970s....

7. ronnieanand

Who said that......Dude.....you have super imagination and can become an awesome lyrics writer....

8. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

hehe me writin lyrics itll be filled with a lot of ********** stars i mean

9. ronnieanand

Anyway I meant....Bands come here bcos of IT people's spending potential and not bcos it has a tremendous rock scene or anything....Actually music scene here sucks....Number of big musicians that came out of Bangalore is far far far less than musicians that came out of Chennai, Bombay or Delhi...

10. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

Ya IT thing is too much here,the place is goin to explode with ppl

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

No Blackmore no Jon Lord... does not intrest me any more.. OK they are still great.. but dont intrest me any more....

12. petermasc

petermasc New Member

deep purple had balls when blackmore was there,cant say the same with steve morse.......he is a great player though.i've seen em when they came to goa on may 5th 2003.the first song that got me hooked on rock was smoke on the water,and they are still amongst my fav bands.

malmsteen=blackmore on steroids.
    as ritchie said and i quote-"we shall hear from him when he stops showing off"

13. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Deep Purple is not Deep Purple any more without Blackmore and Jon Lord. The Two of them together along with Ian Pace made me listen to Deep Purple you can add Roger Glover to that list.... But they are not the same any more... Ok Steve Morse is good, realy good.. I dont deny that.. But it is not Deep Purple to me.. Its another band.

14. ronnieanand

Awesome.......the kind of discussion I'd love to see.......No B lackmore .....NO Deep Purple......Maybe Deep Blue Something......well that name is gone already...so something else......

I am a great fan of Jon Lord but I felt after their Reunion in 1984 for Perfect Strangers, he kinda lost his fizz....Infact it was that noisy and ballsy Hammond Organ that was missing instead it became some sober Keyboard playing...If you hear Bananas, Don Airey has tried to bring in that feel and wierd Don Airey hasn;t play like this before in his other ventures with Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Gary Moore, etc....But Steve Morse just dont fit the bill...He might be great, blah, blah, shreds fast, blah, blah, has nice biceps, blah, blah, stupid hair style, blah, blah.....he just doesn't fit the bill....Accept it...Ian Gillan cant sing anymore....I loved his Hay days but today do you think he's even 1% of what he was...Hear to songs like Child In Time.......I heard pathetic versions of his later days too....These guys should change the names to " Steve Morse and the Deep Coloured Boys "

Finally no disrespect to any of these...These are the agony of a listener...Unlike most guys here I buy Original CDs, so I have every reason to crib if I hear a surprise from my most favourite band...

15. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

LOL Steve Mose and The Deep Coloured boys. was actualy going to comment on Ian Gillans sining These days.. I loved his singing in Fireball.. machine heads ext.. But he seriously struglling to sing... Don Airey is good.. but it as I said before does not sound like DEEP PURPLE any more... It is still a good band with Great Musicans.. but it is not Deep Purple....

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Die you old geezers

17. petermasc

petermasc New Member

we want blackmore and lord back.knocking on your back door was good from perfect strangers.steve does not have the vibe/energy/charisma backmore had.........guitar breaking and all

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I have one video where Blackmore screws up Highway star solo.
    And in blind rage (or whatever) he throws a glass/jar full of water (most probably) towards a camera.

What an idiot.

19. petermasc

petermasc New Member

dat was one of his last shows with deep purple i think it was his 2nd last show...........he behaved like an ass,he did not want any cameras on stage,check out the california jam and the machine head live in denmark vids.....gives u an idea what he is capable of.

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

The fact is he screwed up and tried to cover it up.
    That in itself reflects the "imbecility".