Debankan Mukherjee bassist of Pratisruti new to IGT

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by debankan, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

That will surely disturb others in a lot of ways. The grin goes nicley with it. :shutup:

2. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

@ pratisruti guys -

Yeah,..... welcome n all,...

Dude instead of tellin ppl how cool u plan n stuff,.... try posting some audio/video clips of ya all. Let ppl judge ya,..... right?

3. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

^^^^^^^our songs r in bengali.....how can one judge us without knowing bangla....

p.s--we r not tryin to be cool..........c, our bassist has joined da site.....so, he posted dis thread....me and sayanda r here from many days.................

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

isn't it rapist ??? :shock:

5. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

I believe in you guys...."PROTRISTRUTI"....:)..Can i have a free CD of your band plzz..:p:
    You rox..;)

6. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

^^^^^^^okies, whom do u want to sign it??:p::p:

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Don't make me laugh.

A question though....A couple of guys from my guitar class made it to the finals or semi-finals or something of some talent hunt called Band-e-Mataram. Is that a good thing?

I mean, of course its a good thing but is it something you can be proud of?

8. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

What band are they members of? Bande mataram was started with a good intention,but they ruined it by selecting some preety worthless bands for the prelims. However, there is a band called Prithibi(Earth) which is excellent. The winner gets a record deal with Asha Audio. And it is not a laughing matter.Kolkata actually has more than 600 bands on the circuit!!!!

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I have no idea....I just remember him saying something about getting through and we all congratulating him though I have no idea why. I don't even know his name.

And it is truly a laughing matter....hey, I just found a drum machine and created a chord progression comprising of F, Bb, F, C....and then moved the song to a minor progression and played a minor pentatonic. You can move the official band figure to 601 at least.

10. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

anyone who says the rock band situation in kolkata is a laughing matter listen to fossils. they'll wipe the grin right off your faces.

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

ahahahaha!

No, didn't work.

You say there are as many rock bands (or at least compare) in Calcutta as there were in America in the eighties, then you double that number and then you tell me that listening to fossils will astound me and wipe the grin off my face. Then you expect me not to laugh. This is inhuman. I shall complain to the administrator and then make a pompous goodbye thread after which I shall ask a student of mine to hack my account and make a thread demanding an apology for your misdeeds.

12. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

@bjr- so pathetic.......nothin makes sense.......duh

13. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

bjr u referrring to a certain mr.ar****m?

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

not to him really....more to the hilarity of the situation.

15. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

lot of speculations abt that post..

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

really? damnit....must've missed the last part of the discussion before the thread got deleted.

17. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Did that thread get deleted,..???

C'mon,........ have mod's lost that funny bone??? :think:

18. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Have you ever actually listned to any rock band songs from kolkata? You don't seem to have. Then you are actually making a fool out of yourself. Not only are you missing out on something superb, you are also commenting about something you don't have any idea about. The joke is on you man.
    :boxed:

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

er....yes. Living in Calcutta and having an interest in music does ensure that I have.

Why do you assume that I haven't heard "bangla rock"? Just because I do not like it? Is it nescessary that I have to like what I listen to? Can I not know something well yet dislike it.....or perhaps even dislike something because I know it well?

Actually people like you have a lot to do with my not liking bangla rock. Did you notice something...of the two people who like bangla rock, both tried to pass me off as ignorant about the situation when I'm really not. Not even once was a simple question like "why is your opinion what it is?" asked. Let me quote here:

This, here, is the problem with bangla rock. You haven't once considered the possibility that I might actually have a valid reason for not liking your beloved genre....you automatically figure that anyone who listens to it should love it like you do. You're trying desperately to make me look ignorant and below your level iof enlightenment. From what I've seen Lefty_Guitarist doesn't have the same problem...he'd just ask me what I meant instead of trying to downplay my point.

You know...when someone tells me they don't like Dire Straits my response would be "ah, thats too bad mate" and then I'd try to explain why I like them as much as I do. You should try doing that sometime instead of acting like stupid elitists who say "ah, thats because you don't understand them" and act aloof like you did when I said that about bangla rock.

I won't even bother explaining what I meant by my initial comments because people like you are usually too thick to see what I'm trying to say anyway.

20. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Rosgulla Rulz.
    Mishti Dhoi Rocks
    Ileesh Maach Stinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.