Dean Guitars...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by harmonizer, May 22, 2011.

1. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

Ok guys...it was too irritating for me to collect money for a good gear (guitar+amp)... :mad: may mother earth bless my boss for ripping off my opening bonus...

so i've 2 doubts :

A) I've heard 90-95% of the sound depends on the amp, so the amp should be preferred during poverty :D:....and its waste to have a kick-ass guitar with a shitty amp....

they also said that for a beginner price of the amp should be twice of that guitar...
    all true ??

B) What about dean guitars?? Being a reputed brand why r they so cheap??
    https://www.naaptol.com/top-brands/dean/guitars.html

specially Dean Evo XM...i've seen good reviews on it...and in India its only 5.5K
    can u guys please share ur knowledge about this brand?

If A is correct & B suits me then I can afford an amp of 14-15K....and when I'm done with learning Electric guitar I can upgrade my guitar without a pain...

the dean can be l8r on used to crash in 1 of my concerts (if i do any, :p: wish me luck)

budget is 22k (lets see if i can move to 25k)
    Please show me a way

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

You forgot to read this

Dean guitars are not cheap especially the good ones... The page you mentioned is bull crap...

3. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@Harmonizer - You get what you pay for, especially music instruments ?

If you know what exactly you want, then I can get instruments drop shipped for you from Chennai ... There may not be much of difference in price, but hell the quality and product will be awesome !

:)

4. hiflier79

hiflier79 New Member

lol.......michael angelo batio sig. guitar for 4600.....angel of death for 14000......wtf...?!!!!

5. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Must be Givson clones..

6. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Naaptol is a ****ing rip off, you should see their newspaper ads... iPhone for 4k and very fine print in the corner of the ad: Product pictured here may not match actual product. WTF???!!

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i feel ripped off... i paid 800$ for my dean... :p:

8. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@GuitarDoctor - I was really curious to check it out, and when I did my research I figured I'd get an 'iPhone-like' china make :D

@Rickky - you could have easily got lot many more for the same amount ;)

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I wanted this one... \m/egadeth

10. buster zoso

buster zoso New Member

@rickkkyrich: You are getting a Dave Mustaine signature guitar? Well, I can understand, Marty Friedman signature is not easier to find so Dave Mustaine is the second choice for anyone who likes thrash. I heard somewhere that Marty's signature are no longer in production. That is a bad news for thrash metal guitarists.

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Dave Mustaine is my FIRST choice... and i'm not getting it.. i already have it...

12. buster zoso

buster zoso New Member

Thats nice. One of my friends was also looking for a thrash signature guitar and he went with the KH series. He is one of those guys who always vote for Kirk Hammett in Kirk Hammett vs Dave Mustaine threads although the result to those is always the same.

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

KH series with actives is good... but i always wanted a V...

14. buster zoso

buster zoso New Member

V is my most favorite design for a electric guitar. It give more access for the higher frets and it also looks cooler compared to those conventional single or double cutaways. Apart from them the Gibson Explorer design is nice too.

So you bought it for some gig or practice? And which amp are you using with it?

15. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i'm using a shi++y Roland Cube... i don't gig...i'm just a gearhound !!!

16. flood

flood New Member

17. wylder

wylder Member

I think the guitar is just as important, if not more. A lot of your technique depends on the guitar neck that you are used to. So getting a good guitar may not be a waste if your goal is to improve technically. On the other hand, a good amp makes you want to play more, which means you get more practice.

At the end of the day, a good part your learning is affected by your mental makeup. If you feel that you have inferior gear, you start to feel that you are not as good as your idols because of your gear. This makes you wanna give up instead of sweating it out...

18. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

hmmm i agree....thx :)

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

... and it is also the no. of reason for contracting the dreaded GAS.