Dark Jazz Anyone ?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by shsnawada, Dec 28, 2005.

1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Düüüⁿd! "Black Earth" is sheer awesomeness who wants T3H ETERNAL (ZIONIST) darkness in jazz stuff. Of course, i recommend it to anyone, except people who are fans of Avril Lavigne, Stairway to Heaven or in general, people who cannot appreciate the other sex.
    Thus, the

\o/
    OO
    /´\

:Q

2. shsnawada

+ Whats more the bass sound is ...

*fluffs hands*

3. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Where do u guys get this stuff from??

Me likey!!

4. shsnawada

Whats "this stuff"?

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I was gonna put in Autumn Leaves and girl from Ipanema. hah. I'll put in some other songs that make me go :')

You need to listen to some good Pop music. These reccomendations aren't exactly what you wanted but since I give you single song reccomendations, I think you should check these out.

Eva Cassidy. Most of her songs get me all emo. It might have something to do with the fact that she died young though.

Joanna Newsom: Something about her voice and harp...get Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie.

Get "What a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong and then the version by Eva Cassidy. This is one of 3 songs I've wanted to dance to. Ah, memories <3

Somewhere over the rainbow- The beauty of this song depresses me. It has many versions and my favourite is probably Harry Nilson's.

Alvin Lee and Ten Years After- The Bluest Blues. Powerful in a bluesy way. Not really jazz but still worth a listen.

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Where do u guys get these songs from?

7. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs &amp; Pasta

I checked out Newsom a long time ago and although there are some good things about her, its too irritating for me. I'm not exactly in a pop "mood" but still, i'll check these songs. lolkthxbye.

@Doubleclick - Walk 3 steps and turn left, i find all your songs there.

8. Gszabo

Gszabo New Member

now that's jazz!

while we're on the topic of random jazz artists, i would highly recommend gabor szabo's 'the sorceror' album. if you like happier stuff, grant green's pretty good too, although more bluesy (if you like the blues).

i was wondering if anyone knows of/has anything by eric gale? another good jazz guitarist that you don't find much of anywhere, even online :-(

most of my life has been spent looking for albums by the legendary jazz pianist horst jankowski. his playing style would drive me nuts when i was a kid; i used to play the piano then. any inkling of where i might find him?