Custom made Indian Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by insatanity, Jan 19, 2010.

1. insatanity

insatanity New Member

Is anybody using custom made Indian guitars?

How good is the stuff made by vendors like Tulsi, Harmony Guitars, Albertos Music, etc. ?

2. distorted

distorted satan

I've got a tulsi made copy of BC Rich beast.
    Its good, value fr money. U may chk the pics in the guitar pics thread.
    But u need to know wt u exactly want.

3. insatanity

insatanity New Member

Distorted,

Whats ur guitar spec?
    How long have u been using it?

4. navinadv

navinadv New Member

I just happened on this forum. I used to play guitar pre-internet days (decades ago). Now my son does.

Around 1990 Salu Diaz at Albertos built me a custom guitar. I provided him with the heads, pickups, pots, tremelo arm and wiring diagram (it was a little complex custom scheme with 4 push pull pots). He did the wood work using a maple neck and ebony fretboard inlayed with abalone. I am/was happy with his work. My son uses the guitar now. It's been 20 years of which 15 years the guitar was in storage and the guitar still plays true (no buzzing or warping).

5. kaushikduttajsr

kaushikduttajsr New Member

Braganza

I went to Braganza's at Kolkata. They make pretty neat customs. But can someone tell me what should the specifications be? Like the wood, the pups etc. I am looking for a h-s-s strat knock-off.

They gave a hell lot of choices and now i am confused.

6. flood

flood New Member

@navins post - the new alberto's guitars don't hold up at all to salus work from 20 years ago. i played a semiacoustic/jazz guitar he built with an atilla zoller pickup and i was fairly impressed. not out of this world or anything, but a solid sturdy guitar with a lot of years to it. the new range are generic OEM imports from the far east; i wasn't impressed. at all.

7. navinadv

navinadv New Member

@flood, I was not talking about his imported guitars but the stuff he makes custom. I have not met Salu in 20 years. Does he still make guitars or does he only sell imports? if he does make guitars, are they any good?

My point was that a local guitar shop CAN make a good guitar IF they put their mind to it.

8. flood

flood New Member

i don't think salu makes guitars anymore. they have their own brand now called d'alberto which as far as i can tell are generic chinese OEM, which i've grown tired of seeing and hearing at the musikmesse over the last 10-odd years.

9. rwaghmare

rwaghmare New Member

Hello i m rahoul from pune a small time classical guitar builder.
    pls tell me the specifications of the guitar .
    i can make a custom made guitar u want.
    is the guitar ur planning to buy made of solid wood???
    i make guitar of solid rosewood back and side and imported spruce
    instead of buying cheap imported guitars why dont u go for desi guitar
    if ur interested pls mail me
    aqualibguitars@yahoo.com