Custom Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by SqueakM9, Jul 5, 2008.

1. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

I've come up with the idea of starting a tv show based on a custom guitar builder (hypothetical of course).
    the idea is pull off something like American Chopper or Monster Garage (all the fights and punch ups and stupidity included).

Ive come up with some ideas for guitars and wondering if any of you lot have any other crazy ideas please feel free to post them and comment of them because i think this sort of creativity is starting to lack here on igt.

the designs:
    the first one:
    25 necker...
    now this is not a necks stacked up one on top of the other like a ladder but more one neck following another like a tandem bike.
    then i noticed that the case wouild be like 30' long and came up with the idea of folding it up like a fan thingy (you know those chinese ones) so it would fit into a case...
    i dunno personly i think it would be fun just to attempt to build such a crasy toy.

the second was a little simpler but maybe just as fiddly,
    and this was to have a 12 string with two tremello arms, one for the "strings" and one for the sympathetic (is that what they are called) strings.
    as i figured this could create some crazy crazy sounds.

the squeak will be back with more crazy designs and hopefully some drawings of them soon

cheers and i look forward to seeing and hearing about some of your own mad cap ideas

2. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

you can have a two sided electric......you can tap with both your hands......one on either side........kinda funky..........you can also have built-in speakers.......

3. eldrichr

eldrichr New Member

a little ordinary but you could put in like 3 five way switches so you can use all possible combinations of the pickups.

how about pickups on the fretboard, so you can play the part of the string towards the nut instead of the bridge end....

4. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

michael angelo batio????????

5. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

sorry man...didnt know it existed.......

6. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

Not for the guitar but for effects, I've always wondered if they could build a pedal (any pedal except distortion...like a delay or a flanger or a reverb) that would NOT pass though the original signal. It would produce all kinds of synthetic sounds.......

7. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

i think we cant do ne major changes to da internal stuff on da elctric guitar........we however can design new bodies which look supercool..

Hell even American Chopper guys use da same Harley Davidson engine on their bikes just da bodies of da bikes are different...........