Custom Guitars : Tulasi/Alberto's/Other ??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nebuchadnezzar, Dec 9, 2005.

1. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Bartolini ZBS I think..a more well-rounded version of the SD JB
    But I think the high harmonic content and treble go hand-in-hand..overwinding the pickups and making them hot will cause the treble content to go up too.

ROnnie would know more I guess:)

2. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Harmoics?? I use Evo on the Bridge.. This pickup screams out the HARMONICs...

If you want a very heavy tone, use Seymour Duncans.. They give you a warm tone.. Wood Tulsi guys uses is Teak.. I dont really care about what he uses cause that guitar is just lying around..

If you dont get Wood options, Get yourself a Duncan Neck, A duncan SC in middle and a Evo Bridge.. This should help your tone needs..

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Ronnie has a Dimarzio Norton on the bridge..he says its a pretty dark sounding pickup..lots of bass and boosted mids on that pickup...

4. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Bridge Pickup generally used t oleads need to have little treble else will sound like shit..

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^yeah tahts what i thought.

accha any suggestions for a single coil(neck position) for a strat type of sound.

and, say i put a hi fi pup in my Givson, what cud be the worst thing that cu happen??

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Nothing.. Make sure you change the potentiometers to 500 or 550 K first.. Then change the pickup.. Your guitar will sound good.. Then change the neck if you want.. Your playability will be better.. I know people who have done this..

My suggestion for SC in NEck Position
    https://www.dimarzio.com/ goto STRAT , Go to Standard Strat and select FS 1

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey am still not clear on the pickups, which ones should i go for?

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

You can look at the Dimarzio Norton and Fred at dimarzio's site..go to Harmony-Central and read the detailed reviews too..it will give you lots of info on any pickup you are considering..

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

thanx a ton dude, that will keep me busy for a while

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

u can chk out the EMG pickups as well....
    try searching the EMG site for that. its emginc.com

their reviews are there on harmony-central.com as well

chk out Seymour Duncan as well.

11. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I think the Norton and Fred fit your description of dark thick sounding pickups with good harmonics..i dont ahve first ahnd experience..wait for Ronnie to come back..he has a Norton...

12. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

For the SC FS 1 is beautiful...