Custom guitar in Kolkata

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by prit_undead, May 26, 2006.

1. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

i want to buy an electric guitar
    everything is fine upto this but thing is my budget is 6-7 k
    now i kno dats rly low but i can't afford more than that
    i need tremolo and all
    plz advice on the pick ups, wood, frets and whatever there is in a guitar
    i don't know anything about them
    i was thinking about getting it from braganza
    plz help ppl

ps. remember i'm in kolkata

2. rock_roll_satch

rock_roll_satch New Member

Go 2 Braganza and ask them. U will get all d info.

3. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

is it good 2 get it from there?
    has ne1 here used them?

4. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Ask Lefty,Debankan and Sayan, they all have custom made guitars from Braganza.

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

YUPP! Briganza has a lot of collectns! But my sussestn is to do it from BCM, coz they are the cheapest still one of the best in Kolkata. Only problem is that they might not have the same collectn that briganza has but worth trying! I personally buy my stuffs from them, so a visit might help :)

Atleast when you have that knd of budget...

6. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

well, BCM only has ready made guitars. no customs there. ;)
    you wont get a guitar with a floyd within 7k. u'd get a standard tremolo.
    braganza does it very well, pay them a visit.

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

oOps! Ddnt See the cstm made tag :grin: Then BCM can't help you much, but still you can ask them to check it out...
    And 7k....FLoyd Rose...really not possble. I do not have much experience in it, but what I have heard is that a floyd rose itself costs 4-5 K....So ....

8. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

what's da diff between a standard tremolo nd floyd rose?

9. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

diff between yengi malmsteen's yellow duck's trem and satch'es JS trems...:grin: gt it???

go to braganza......curruntly my one elec is on the shp for painting and serviceing and stuff.....:p:

so go there.......ask for the catalouge, see the gtrs. oreder the one u like.

imp. :- the day b4 yesterday i saw a beautyful black les paul there. it is sooooooooo ***y. itz jus pfect. ive seen many of there pauls, but belive me, itz da best.:grin:

try to get it. wont cost u more dan 6-7 wid imported pups.....

10. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

plz make it simple yaar
    wot's da basic diff?
    nd u u rly suggest going 4 a custom made or should i opt 4 a samick or comet?

11. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

1. In standard tremolo, the tuning goes whoosh.....! It doesn't for a floyd rose.

2. You can bend the tremolo both ways in Floyd Rose(Like Vai).

3. String changing takes more time in Floyd Rose.

12. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

nd u ppl recommend floyd rose right?

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

But then why should anyone use whammy to that extent?
    The tuning in standard tremolo goes whoosh only if you try to get a high E string sound liek a low E string.

For a normal 2-4 fret whammy dive, floyd rose is not necesary.

14. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

It depends. If you want to abuse the whammy bar, then a Floyd Rose will help prevent your strings going out of tune...but you will need to learn to live with the horrible torture that is tuning a Floyd-based guitar. If you need to play in or like experimenting with different tunings, do not get a Floyd as it will be a major headache.

15. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

i'm just starting out basically
    so can a floyd rose be fitten on later on when i get a bit more experience (or a bit more funds to be precise)

16. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Tell that to Steve Vai.;)

Prit, I heard it depends on the guitar. I don't know for sure, though.

17. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

I would suggest not to take a regular tremolo. Regular tremolo sometimes destroyes the tuning even if you are not using it. A whole lot of my friends have had a bad experience with regular tremolo. I would suggest at your budget:
    1) Braganza custom made with imported pickups.
    2) J & A Fernder Strat clones. You can get them at Reynolds in freeschool street.
    3) Try the Signature showroom opposite Kalighat Tram depot. They have a wonderful collection.

Give me reps if you liked my suggestions.

prit_undead likes this.
  18. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

You are denying the whole Fender Stratocaster and the greats who used it...How can a regular tremolo or a vintage tremelo ruin the tuning even when not using it. Dude, if you are not sure, dont mislead.
    The main issues of losing tuning in Non Floyd Rose guitars is mainly due to the friction in the Nut or extremely poor tuning pegs. If you can get a decent quality tuning peg and some graphite kinda nut, then your tuning will remain intact.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

If the intent of buying a whammy bar is just to show-off (that you have a floyd rose bridge, that you can do dive-bombs, that your guitar costs 6K more because of floyd rose), by all means buy it.

If your intent is to actually use whammy bar like Steve Vai and Van Halen, then kudos to you.

Lemme get few things cleared:
    1. Strat tremolo is not unstable. As Ronnie mentions, you use inferior parts you get inferior tuning and stability.
    I know of a guitar with FLOYD ROSE whammy that fails to even stay in tune.
    Ofcourse if you want to do a 12 fret dive-bomb on Strat, it wont stay in tune, coz it has not been designed for that.

2. Floyd rose wont allow you to change your tuning to like Drop D etc. As pointed out by DMF, tuning a Floyd Rose is PITA.
    And god help you if your string breaks in midst of your playing.
    All the other strings will also go out of tune.

3. Try to actually assses which music you prefer listening and playing?
    Do the artists use Guitars with Floyd Rose?
    LOL
    Think atleast on those terms.

20. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

i'm not too much into western music (i'm a bryan adams and slash fan however)
    i'm more in the eastern classical mould
    i guess i'll start with a standard tremolo (main reason is it'll be a bit easier on my pocket)