Cud two guitar sound diffrent

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by pruthuze, Mar 31, 2007.

1. pruthuze

pruthuze New Member

I have a hobner acoustic f'cut guitar and my friend has a hobmer acoustic f'cut guitar....but both of thm sound different whn played together.....

We checked out.....

size - same

Strings - same (same company and tuned)

Length - same (every part of guitar the head neck base)

Width - same

Colour - same (if it matters)

Sound - not same

my guitar has more of base in the sound and my friends guitar has a sharp sound.....whn we play it solo both of thm sound good in every song or n e tab or chord....bt together the sound is different.....is it bcuz of hobner n hobmer....n is ther a solution for it.....

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Hobmer??
    That's your answer right there.

The wood is going to be different and will resonate differently.

3. pruthuze

pruthuze New Member

OH..................never thought of tht........i mean the WOOD can effect the sound...nd i had a doubt tht the hobmer is the problem bt thn does WOOD effect too.....

4. koolstrum

koolstrum The Chosen One

It really does. Infact, First is the box size and then is the wood. so the box size is same right? so its definitely the wood. And one more thing,and with time, sound changes if the wood is inferior quality..
    Make sure u go for an original, Imported BRANDED guitar(if u plan to buy a new one) the sound and life depends drastically on the wood used.

5. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

It also depends on the way the guitar's played... Well, maybe not in your case, but try this...

Give a guitar to a "good" player right now, and then the same guitar to a "slightly better" player... feel the difference, when they play the SAME CHORD/NOTE...

It's rock and roll, baby!

6. pruthuze

pruthuze New Member

All the kinds of players have tried playin both the guitars.......n yes the size of the box is the same.....so i think the problem is the wood n thers definetly no solution to it until n unless we change the guitars..........

7. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

Well, different tonal qualities of guitars doesn't mean that they have to sound bad when they're played together. (Maybe in some cases) But really?

I mean, if they're hitting all the right notes, i dont see why it will sound 'bad.'

Maybe intonation issues? I dont really know what he means by 'bad' tho.

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

are you guys putting a Rodrigo Y Gabriella type of thing? then it would need to sound the same. But if not , that small difference wont kill anybody.

As for the fact that everything lies in the type/quality of wood: Yes it does, and if you didnt know that, did you ever think "why arent they made of plastic" cus i used to think that when i knew nothing about wood and resonance etc (which was a few weeks back so chill)

9. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

strings...