Crybaby!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Anchit7, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Anchit7

Anchit7 Member

Crybaby users.......I just wanted to know.........does a crybaby wah automatically return back up when stepped upon(by virtue of a spring or something?)......or does it have to be brought back by the heel of your foot????........Are there specific crybaby pedals that do this or none at all??...I couldn't find these answers on the net....so posted here.....

2. Guitarist_DA

Guitarist_DA New Member

Nope, it doesn't automatically come up. Use your foot to bring it back up.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Actually its better that it doesn't "spring" back automatically.
    That ways you can use the wah to modultate the sound by keeping the wah fixed at some desired position - while you play.

And when you wish to rock the wah back and forth, you can always use your foot.

4. Anchit7

Anchit7 Member

Ok.....i was trying to choose b/w the Crybaby 95F and The 95Q.........Any reviews or alternate suggestions??

5. wylder

wylder Member

The 95Q is Spring loaded and turns on or off when you put your foot on it... Pretty convenient especially for songs where you have to keep pumping the Wah up and down quickly like RATM's "Bulls On Parade".

If you like the Cocked Wah tone a lot, you could try the 535Q or Zakk Wylde's Wylde Wah. 535 is the mother of all Crybabys in terms of versatility. I liked the Wylde Wah's thickness on distorted tones. Check out the tones on YouTube, in particular, look for ProGuitarShop's demos.

6. Anchit7

Anchit7 Member

Checked out the vox v847 on the net.......awesome pedal........its come down to this....the Crybaby 95F or The vox.......I don't have any store nearby to check them out.........I play Metallica...Slash....Mainly distorted solos and less clean.....Suggestions welcome.........

7. wylder

wylder Member

Careful with the Vox.. The chinese ones have a bad repute. You could also look into Morleys if you like a more modern Wah sound thats a little more subtle and doesn't really eat up your whole guitar tone. I have heard good things about the Ibanez Weeping Demon too.