Cricket - India tour of Australia

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by esgallindeion, Dec 5, 2003.

1. bibs

bibs New Member

REVIVAL OF THE GREAT INDIANS

Hurray !!!!!!!! chear up !!!!

hats of to Ganguly & Co.
    Hey guys,Don't even dream of a mess up this time.( 2 escallindieon )
    This is a totally rejuvinated and reincarnated INDIAN TEAM , who can take on AUSSIES in AUSTRALIA and Have a BALL in their BALLROOM.
    This was on the cards from sometime now. Get up Indian FANS , the golden era of INDIAN CRICKET is HERE.
    You will agree with me 2mrw.

N.B.: For this prediction, you don't have to be a 21st century NOSTRADAMUS......
    bibs

2. bibs

bibs New Member

Hey !!!
    where have you all gone ??? No Cheer Ups , No Hurrays....
    Every one seems to be AUSSIES out there ????

3. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Dravid again... honestly, does that guy want to become the best test batsman ever?

4. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

The fact that no one commented on India's victory - isn't it a good sign? We had at least that much faith in them that they won't spill it all up again!

And that leads me to Rahul Dravid. If this is not brilliance, diligence, majesty and modesty, I don't know what is.

5. bibs

bibs New Member

DRAVID " BEST TEST BATSMAN OF THE NEW MILLENIUM "
    INDIA " CHAMPION TEAM OF THE NEW MILLENIUM "

6. esgallindeion

Its too soon to say anything so definite.

7. Taj

Taj New Member

Welldone INDIA !
    i sure did enjoyed them kickin aussie ass!

8. esgallindeion

Anyways, I agree with Ponting that one victory just isn't enough to give u the title of best team. India still needs to prove itself. Winning their first series out of the sub-continent in well... a long long time would be a start.

9. bibs

bibs New Member

Its high time we indians should start beliving in ourselves.
    I think it is the only thing we lack. In whatever field you see
    ( IT, Sports, literature, Science...) we have proved it long back.
    Only thing we lack consistency and we don't get the media HYpe
    as our counterparts overseas get. We Should take pride in ourselves
    being indians. Its high time we should shred our colonial attitudes.
    (????? Again getting hot ????)
    KEEP COOL & BE HAPPY

10. esgallindeion

Its high time we indians begin to live in a world devoid of extreme positions. 'India loses a series - start burning effigies of players. India wins a test - scream at the top of your voices that we are the best and aussies suck.' :ban:

With the sort of media hype Indians get, be it in cricket, bollywood, music etc... I'm sure very few countries can match up to it.

11. Redalert

Redalert New Member

Dravid Rulez...:nw:

12. esgallindeion

Yup... and not just because of one match... but due to all of his efforts for the last few years.. :rule:

13. esgallindeion

India are 7/178 against Australia A. :shock:

The best team in the world!?!?!?

:p

14. bibs

bibs New Member

From 7/178 to 245 -not that bad for the "B " grade team. The tail has started wagging...thats a good sign.

15. esgallindeion

Somehow, any team with Chopra, Sehwag, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Murli Kartik, Irfan Pathan and Ashish Nehra in my opinion can not be called a B string side... its more than half the same side which will play Australia in the next 2 tests whereas Australia did indeed have a second string side.

16. alli

alli The Best Ever

B-grade team... ????????

a b-grade team which has the best batsmen ever in the world in its side... thats a first.
    and also the most successful captain india's ever had ...

i dont think so.

also...peple seem to have forgotten the reason WHY we were celelbrating when india won this match. it was becoz india had finally won a test against Australia after 22 yrs.
    and its wierd how everything concluded to india being the best team in the world... or "India's back !!" ..
    all im saying is that we should probably wait for it all to end..and if they win the entire series... then yup- they deserve all that..

we've done this far too many times in the past to celelbrate one victory..and crown ourselves as the future force to reckon with...and then crashed really badly.

so -nope.. noone here is being a party-pooper... all we're saying is ..atleast let the party begin.

17. esgallindeion

Yup... let the party begin first. :)

18. bibs

bibs New Member

yes thats what I wanted to say Let the party begin and continue till
    NEW YEAR

19. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Shewag was on fire today....:) 195 runs...:shock: i thought shewag would get killed by lee...but...:nw:

20. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

... And who was not on fire today from the Aussie side? Well, that's team India for you in all its varied shades of blue. Just for now, I don't suspect this match can any way result in an Indian victory - the way we fielded doesn't warrant a victory - but we should really be very happy to settle for a draw.