Creating MP3 files

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by alpha1, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@Rickky n Alpha - I know what it was like back then ... However, I personally feel there has to be a technical sticky thread. I agree that some of us have great knowledge about how to do certain things, but I also know that there are a lot of folks who have no idea how to get things working ..

They need everything step-by-step, a lot of hand holding is what they crave for. That's the reason, sites like ehow, wikihow and such gets millions if not billions of visitors month on month :) ...

Agree guys ?

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yes.
    In fact we can remove the thread from sticky and enforce a rule that the recording has to be on youtube or mp3 uploaded on some filehosting site etc.

3. Super-Admin

@Alpha - I was infact thinking on the lines of provide our own setup for users to upload their recordings.

It's a bit resource consuming, so we can have two versions - Free and paid..

What's your say ?

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Nobody in India pays for such things.. Indians are the biggest free loaders.. including myself

5. Super-Admin

@Rickky - I get what you say. Whether or not to implement 'VIP Members' is a question we need to take a poll on.

I believe, now is not the time. We shall see when we come there. Right now, servers are happy, and so are users, so guess not worry till we have an outage :)

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Is this possible:
    1. Upload recording to Youtube.
    2. Post the link here.
    3. The youtube page automatically shows the IGT post/thread having its link (as a comment or anything).
    (4. Hopefully, aimless ppl - like me - browsing youtube - chance upon the thread, and consequently the website)

7. Super-Admin

@Alpha - Have been working on that possibility. More on the lines of having official IGT channel. Again, what goes in and what doesn't is quite a difficult rule to come up with ... Some of the guys are planning to have a meet, may be we'll come up with some solution there :).

Cheers,