Cover of Dekho_kaise (Strings OST from Spiderman III)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by parry, Oct 15, 2008.

1. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Cover of Na Jaane Kyon (Strings OST from Spiderman II)

Hi friends,
    This song was original soundtrack by pakistani band Strings for the film Spiderman -II. Hope many of you might have listened to it.
    Feel free to shower on me Hardcore Comments about my Voice and Guitaring and whatever else you find about this cover.

Waiting for sincere, honest comments.
    Link -
    https://soundclick.com/share?songid=6976465

2. guitarist_gal1

guitarist_gal1 New Member

put some enthu into the vocals...most murkiyas went wrong....pitching was faulty in several places...also..check if all the chords are right...some dint go with the song...sorry for a bad review...but you asked for sincere honest comments..your voice does sound a lil like the strings guy...liked your voice in the tere bin cover...keep working hard...im sure your next cover will be even better...tc..

3. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Thanks guit gal

Thanks for taking time and effort and yes for your Honest comments. Wel the chords i suppose are correct but i hav moved one scale up and may b i cud not collaborate my voice with them.
    I do feel i hav a long way to go to reach the level u guys hav.
    By Enthusiasm i do feel you mean Feelings! and yes thats wat Keoraf too wil say in his review :)
    Anyways thanks again and mind u i m waiting for ur 'Phir Dekhiye' cover. :grin:

4. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

you were going out of sur in quite a few places! esp near the end of each line....

rest is the same as rinky said..

5. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

^^ gt da prob.....he tends to strum open strings once before changing da chords....it instantly changes da tone of da song......it used to happen to me too wen i was a beginner.......bt i practised on it.......try nt doin it bro..ur strumming is pretty good.............. bt if da tone goes hay-wire after every chord it's gonna affect ur performance as a whole.......

6. angel_of_sin

and da song's name is na jaane kyun....

7. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

sukrut : thanks mate. Wel so i still have to work a lot on my sur. Seems doing some more hard work. :(

angel of sin : wow, so its a revelation. thanks buddy. Wel i think the open strumming happens in a few instances and i think its just one strum. but really u were exact on that. u have a good ear i bet. will consciously try to work on that.
    yes u r right bout the songs name. i have changed it now.

Thanks again for taking time and effort.

8. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

The guitaring sounds pretty good as i think you did a good job on your guitar.
    The vocals have to be improved alot man, there are too much Sur faults, normally your Sur is pretty good but not this time, so try to improve it. And yes i also think Rinky meant the feelings in your voice, but i think you already know its your weakest point when talking about your singing!
    Overall is this a good effort, just try to improve above mentioned things it would be sounding much better!
    Keep posting man and take care!!!

9. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Thanks keo

Thanks keoraf. well as soon as i got the chords i was keen and eager to record it and post it on igt. it was my second recording. but now i feel i should have done my homework better.
    nonetheless it has provided me to look more close on my sur as you guys pointed out. the problem is that rite now i find it difficult to stay concentrated on my guitar and sur together and hence these faults. As for feelings i did tried to feel the song while singing but it seems to me that the effect was not visible in the final outcome.
    Thanks again buddy.
    :beer:

10. absolutely_neo

absolutely_neo New Member

either you playing wrong chords or you singing in wrong scale..
    learn n imbibe the scales.. its basic.. make it strong.

11. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Thanks neo

Yes I did changed the scales up but could not do so with my voice but initially I felt that its ok if the song turns out like that way. Now i do think its otherwise.
    Anyways will work some better stuff in future. Thanks mate.

12. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Song Updated

Hey folks, I have updated the song and now I have used different chords but the voice is again mine .:)

Please let me know if now the chords sound right? Be sincere as you were earlier.

Link -
    https://soundclick.com/share?songid=6976465

13. absolutely_neo

absolutely_neo New Member

sounds perfect now.. why did you lower the scale in the first recording when you can sing in the original one.

14. angel_of_sin

da chords a re better.......bt da strummin still needs some work.....it seems da same problem is still occuring some times.......try doin one thing ...in dis song da last two strums are reeli quick bt u r doin dat part pretty slow.........strum dose last pieces reeli quickly and den change da chords.........and wat chirds have u used dis tym??? G and Bm???

15. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Thanks angel of sin

Hi, If u r pointing to the problem where i strum open strings when i change chords then really its still a problem as i found out later and needs practice to be corrected. wil try to do it the way u have said. But i must say that u hav good ear.
    Yes this time i hav started with G . Generally i try to stick to G, as its easier for me to sing on dat scale. and now i think deviating to A in my prev attempt was futile.
    Thanks again .

16. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

This is alot better than the previous version, you really improved your Sur faults, although there are some tiny Sur faults, but overall this is alot better.
    Just try to add some more feeliings in your voice and it will sound much better!
    Take care man!

17. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

Thanks keoraf

Well thanks for taking time and effort as always. Wel may be earlier I was not singing according to the scale. Yes there are still lapses. And oh god when will the feelings thing will come in my songs i really have no idea but i m trying.
    Thanks again buddy.

guitarist_gal1 likes this.
  18. guitarist_gal1

guitarist_gal1 New Member

drastic improvement i must say!! kudos on that...the guitaring is obviously better..but even the vocals....much much better..way better pitching...its really heartening to see such improvement in someone...its still not perfect but you re getting there..reps for you!!

19. parry

parry Sing ing Sing

thanks rinky

Well thanks for the reps. And its only due to the encouragement I get from you guys. The time, effort and sincere advices you guys bestow is not only praiseworthy but its also like a debt worth falling into. :)

Yes it still has lapses and the feeling thing is missing. got ur point.
    Thanks again.

20. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

Damn, that was pretty sad lol
    jk

nyway gud effort, do some practice on your vocals.

peace