Cover: Nadia (Jeff Beck's version)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ustdjohnny, Sep 7, 2009.

1. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Nicely done. This one's more rock than Hindustani (the meend, andolan and gamak is not really there). I'm not sure if JB used a slide but he does use the whammy a lot and IMO that aspect gives the song more feeling.

The tone again, depending on what you were going for is quite alright for rock soloing but could have done with a wee bit more mid and less bass for the tone JB has (I don't remember if I heard a slight wah in the original track).

3. needless

needless New Member

hey pretty stuff good man

4. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

True. But JB does use a slide on this one. Check the videos. Also, he's the god of the whammy. To think I can get anywhere close would be fooling myself :) This is my interpretation. Ref: the tone. I use a cleaner, more amp drive kinda tone but at the venue it would not cut through, hence had to choose a more 'rock' tone. You live, you learn :)
    Thanks for the comments, guys.

5. thehundredthone

Checked the videos. The slide is only used at the very start and at one point just past the middle. His use of whammy is pretty amazing on this track.

It is of course, your interpretation :)

6. thehundredthone

Checked the videos. The slide is only used at the very start and at one point just past the middle. His use of whammy is pretty amazing on this track.

It is of course, your interpretation :)

7. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Bang on. But I do use the slide in exactly the places he does, and I am also using the whammy. Of course I can't claim to have got even one millionth of his expression :)

Thanks a lot for listening.

cheers